• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Diana’s build

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Yeah you should be fine. Add some bacteria if you are worried

They all are together in the ocean, rocks , fish , coral , creepy crawlers, etc, etc , Mother Nature kinda figured it out long ago,,, let it ride IMOP of course, what do I know,,,

Diana. Any more photos of the crab. Looks like an emerald crab to me. But the poor thing is missing so many parts. It would be easy to ID if he had one of his “thumbs”. Unfortunately they appear to be missing. Emeralds have a spoon shape on the part of the claw that is hinged. They scoop sand with them to eat the crud of them. Emeralds have been wonderful in my tank. Really good eaters and dispite there size and hard shell, they can fit in spaces you wouldn’t think possible. Does he really only have half of one claw or is it just not visible in the photo. Either way. If you keep him in quarantine and he can get enough to eat in his condition, sometimes they can molt and get limbs back.

They all are together in the ocean, rocks , fish , coral , creepy crawlers, etc, etc , Mother Nature kinda figured it out long ago,,, let it ride IMOP of course, what do I know,,,
I understand were your coming from Pauli. But if that is a bobbit worm. It has to go. They can and will eat everything in the tank. Ocean has the advantage of numbers and elbow room and can survive a predator like the bobbit. Unfortunately aquariums can’t

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Hello @Sponge! Hope you are doing well.

The crab is missing his thumb on his right side and the left is missing completely. I placed him in my sump and have feed him twice a day during the fishes feeding. I didn’t have the heart to kill him.

The worms on the other hand were tossed once I found out what they were.

I unboxed and setup my Octo Classic skimmer this evening. It’s already creating skim.

Hello @Sponge! Hope you are doing well.

The crab is missing his thumb on his right side and the left is missing completely. I placed him in my sump and have feed him twice a day during the fishes feeding. I didn’t have the heart to kill him.

The worms on the other hand were tossed once I found out what they were.

I unboxed and setup my Octo Classic skimmer this evening. It’s already creating skim.
I’m doing better each month. Thanks for asking. Glad to hear the crab is eating. Good job with the worms. Great to hear skimmer is going well. Looking forward to seeing pics of your tank full running and teaming with life

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Tough call. I am not a fan of the disk you stick in the tank. I use API but the colors make me scream sometimes. It looks like you are under 0.25 but I would wait if you have live stock in the DT.

Paul B

NJRC Member
OOHHH NNOO, So is this Bad? :eek:

So I was walking by one of my quarantine tanks. I saw this and took a ruler to it. What was visible measured 7 inches. By the time I grabbed my cellphone it backed into the rock. Ewwww I don’t mind the small ones but that is a bit big for me.

This guy crawled out. Is he a bad crab? I have never had a crab in my tank.

When I find those things in my tank. I just eat them. I leave the worms for other people. :worked_till_5am:

Shawn2122

NJRC Member
Delivered at 9:15AM over night delivery shipped in water of rocks from KP Aquatics. This guy crawled out. Is he a bad crab? I have never had a crab in my tank. I have only seen Emerald Crabs at Tropiquarium

Thank you!
Diana,

I was looking at KP aquatics as well for my tank that should be up and running in the next month. I was planning on starting the cycle with their live rock. Which package did you get? I actually want all the little hitchhikers and stuff[will remove the bad ones] to increase the biodiversity. Were you happy with the company?

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
@Shawn2122 I am very happy with the purchase. I got the 15 Lbs with water delivered to my door. I didn't know if the 15 Lbs also included shipping water weight. It is 15 Lbs of rock. Had I known water weight wasn't included in the total I would have gotten the 10 Lbs. I wanted to add biodiversity.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
New 40B with a 40B sump up and running. It has been running right after New Years. Moved 3/4 rocks from the old 40B and new cured rocks from KP Aquatics that was shipped in water. 95% of the corals are new. Lost all my sps on Christmas Eve due to a power outage for 4 days (wind and rain)