• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Diana’s build

deepblue68

POTM Winner
I like the arch really came out great!! I love the elagance coral one of my favorites!! Is that a meat coral i see too?
Nice job good luckwith the tank!

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Got a delivery from zoathids.com today from a live sale two weeks ago. So excited to get them. Mystic Sunset monti and Electric Daisy Styloconiella. Popped off the plug on the monti and had to scrap the Electric Daisy off the the plug since it was encrusted to the plug. Drop them into the white bucket of mixed Coral RX.....many flatworms! :eek2: Leave them in there 4 minutes longer than stated on the bottle. Pickup the monti and there was a bit of glue on the frag and popped it off with my pocket knife. More flatworms still alive. Don't know if I should toss them. It's in a QT tank now. The Coral RX water bucket with the flatworms are still live after 2 hours.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Got a delivery from zoathids.com today from a live sale two weeks ago. So excited to get them. Mystic Sunset monti and Electric Daisy Styloconiella. Popped off the plug on the monti and had to scrap the Electric Daisy off the the plug since it was encrusted to the plug. Drop them into the white bucket of mixed Coral RX.....many flatworms! :eek2: Leave them in there 4 minutes longer than stated on the bottle. Pickup the monti and there was a bit of glue on the frag and popped it off with my pocket knife. More flatworms still alive. Don't know if I should toss them. It's in a QT tank now. The Coral RX water bucket with the flatworms are still live after 2 hours.

You can dip the zoathids in hydroporoxide
3% and that will kill everything.
I would replace the frag plus and keep dipping.
For the next few days and monitor the frag.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
these are not zoathids

they are Mystic Sunset monti and Electric Daisy Styloconiella

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
these are not zoathids

they are Mystic Sunset monti and Electric Daisy Styloconiella

Oh no sorry don’t dip monties with peroxide thats only for zoas.
Acro eating flat worms you need to dip with something stronger like pesticide from Home Depot

john90009

NJRC Member
Dang that’s rough, I prefer baby frags for that reason. I clip the bottom of the coral off the plug and that goes to the garbage. Then it goes straight in a bowl of tank water and Bayer. I don’t measure it just pour enough in till I can’t see through it. My dipping container is see through so I can look through the bottom and see what I’m working with even tho it’s fully white. And you can leave it in there as long as you want, you just need to be mindful of the water not getting too cold. That’s what will kill the frag, then keep swapping to fresh salt water.

Last edited:

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
With this order from zoathids.com, they sent me a $40 voucher in the box with my order. If anyone is interested in using it please PM. It expires on April 1. No minimum purchase

Ugh, that stinks Diana. We don’t have those exact montis, but I have others that could stand to be fragged (free). Shoot me a PM and I’ll send you photos of what we have that is a decent size.