• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Frag Grow out Summer 2018 DISCUSSION

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
EDIT:

I edited my response, it was touched on the post above. posted while i was typing this response.

Question, so basically, next time, omitting the NJRC title from any group activity will not require BOD approval?

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
I would at this time like to apologize to the members of the BOD and all members who are involved in this.

I am a very new member and was not aware of the rules that were violated in setting this up. That being said, I should have checked in with those in charge before going ahead with this, especially when I affiliated the NJRC club name with it.

In the future I will be sure to request permission Properly prior to organizing an event such as this.

I understand if any member feels the desire to drop out of the challenge after all this turmoil. If you wish to do so please contact me directly or on this thread and I will update your preferences.

That being said, a number of members have already sent in payment and the challenge will go on now that it has been cleared.

Good luck everybody.

-Eric M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
I would at this time like to apologize to the members of the BOD and all members who are involved in this.

I am a very new member and was not aware of the rules that were violated in setting this up. That being said, I should have checked in with those in charge before going ahead with this, especially when I affiliated the NJRC club name with it.

In the future I will be sure to request permission Properly prior to organizing an event such as this.

I understand if any member feels the desire to drop out of the challenge after all this turmoil. If you wish to do so please contact me directly or on this thread and I will update your preferences.

That being said, a number of members have already sent in payment and the challenge will go on now that it has been cleared.

Good luck everybody.

-Eric M

I'm still in because this is going to be fun! Hopefully we can still get turnout!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
EDIT:

I edited my response, it was touched on the post above. posted while i was typing this response.

Question, so basically, next time, omitting the NJRC title from any group activity will not require BOD approval?

To the letter of the BYLAWs this is a correct statement. BUT..... performing a sniff testing... If you contact any vendor, let them know that the challenge will be held on the NJRC website with NJRC members is it not indirectly linked to NJRC? I just want to show you the optics from all sides. How would a paid vendor feel if we are having a grow out challenge front and center on our site and never even gave our own a ROFR (right of first refusal) before basically giving free advertsing to a non-paid vendor...

I just want to say the reason why Im pushing this is because we need vendors and we need to show them support.....

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
I had previously locked it because I thought everyone had signed up. I just unlocked the document again, so if you need to please feel free to edit.

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
Okay everyone, frags are set to be cut tomorrow!

I sent all participants a PM to confirm specific details. Please get back to me regarding that.

this is the updated spreadsheet. If there are any errors please let me know, for I have at this time locked the document to avoid confusion.

oh and @jmags080307 , I am winning $75 for Zoas and $60 for SPS.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    33.6 KB · Views: 20

jmags080307

SPS Grow Out Winner
Okay everyone, frags are set to be cut tomorrow!

I sent all participants a PM to confirm specific details. Please get back to me regarding that.

this is the updated spreadsheet. If there are any errors please let me know, for I have at this time locked the document to avoid confusion.

oh and @jmags080307 , I am winning $75 for Zoas and $60 for SPS.
i fully expect to win the zoa challenge. i've been having great growth on my zoas since i switched to 2 HD hydra 26's over my zoa/lps tank. my 3 heads will be removed and put on a 3 inch round tile. i fully expect it covered by the end of the challenge:greedy_dollars::greedy_dollars::greedy_dollars::greedy_dollars: