• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jose7878 new 150 gal

How long have you been running these? Do you have problems burning out bulbs?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

It's my first time running the 660 with 4 - 24" bulbs.
I actually had the 660 running with 4 - 48" bulbs and homemade lumenright reflectors on my 90 gal. But this setup is a little different since I'm running real Lumen bright reflectors which made it impossible to set it up with 4 - 48 " t5's.
So trying to see if this works out for me. If not I will eventually scratch the T5's.

Very nice stand and canopy. I've been hooked on ReefLux 12K for years now ran mine inCoralVue ballasts and the look was awesome!

It's cool to see so many 150DTs emerging right now!

Thank you Baxreefs. So far I like one of my lights their missed matched hopefully Coralvue corrects that for me.

Well I did the trip to Dr.Macs today with Ryan , Vin and Kevin( these are some great guys ). I had a blast their definitely somewhere everyone needs to visit at least once. I went to pick a few frags out , boy did I go overboard ;) heres a pic of my bags
photo-59.jpg

Pics of corals will come soon as they acclimate to my tank

I just happy that I'm not heading to divorce Cory after the wife saw the total

Hahah, Jose bought more then all three of us combine. Your daughter was a trooper by the way very cute and very polite. I can't wait to see all the frags you bought!

Hahah, Jose bought more then all three of us combine. Your daughter was a trooper by the way very cute and very polite. I can't wait to see all the frags you bought!
I didn't realize until Becky rung me up how much I had. Oh well hopefully everything I got grows and then I have to do a Dr.Jose frag store lol ( sorry Dr.Mac)
Thanx about the kind words of my daughter we try to raise her to respect people and be polite.

kevin

NJRC Member
Well I did the trip to Dr.Macs today with Ryan , Vin and Kevin( these are some great guys ). I had a blast their definitely somewhere everyone needs to visit at least once. I went to pick a few frags out , boy did I go overboard ;) heres a pic of my bags
photo-59.jpg

Pics of corals will come soon as they acclimate to my tank

I just happy that I'm not heading to divorce Cory after the wife saw the total

haha, that should be fun acclimating ! Nice meeting everyone!

Well Kevin it did take a while to acclamate all those frags.
Everything is doing good. Everything is on a frag rack about a 1" off the sandbed. I"ll be raising them up a few inches tomorrow to acclimate them to more intense lighting. Here are some pics of the frags I got from PEA from our club trip
Sorry to pics with my iPhone the the pics don't do them justice.

photo-72.jpg

photo-71.jpg

photo-70.jpg

photo-69.jpg

photo-68.jpg

photo-67.jpg

photo-66.jpg

photo-65.jpg

photo-64.jpg

photo-63.jpg

I decided to build a ATS out of a 5 gal bucket with a some scrap parts I had.
Here's some pics of it. The first go around at it.

photo-75.jpg

photo-74.jpg

photo-73.jpg

I had to do a few minor adjustments. I was told that the light had to be on both sides of the screen. Also the lights had to be directly pointed at the screen. So I cut the bucket and and had to buy another light.
Anyone with anymore opinions feel free to chime in since this is my first time doing this ATS.

photo-77.jpg

photo-76.jpg

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks like it's doing what you were told it needs to. I'd be concerned about having those cutouts in the bucket though... especially with your lights right there.

If your drain line gets clogged for whatever reason, you're going to have a major flood and possibly some electrical hazards with the lights being right there.

Is the water feeding that being pumped to the bucket or is it gravity fed? If it's a pump, then a simple fix would be to have a float switch just below the cutout of the bucket, and have the pump shut off if there's a "high level" situation.

Also, that seems to be a lot of light between both lamps. How long are you leaving the lights on during the day? 24/7 ?

Looks like it's doing what you were told it needs to. I'd be concerned about having those cutouts in the bucket though... especially with your lights right there.

If your drain line gets clogged for whatever reason, you're going to have a major flood and possibly some electrical hazards with the lights being right there.

Is the water feeding that being pumped to the bucket or is it gravity fed? If it's a pump, then a simple fix would be to have a float switch just below the cutout of the bucket, and have the pump shut off if there's a "high level" situation.

Also, that seems to be a lot of light between both lamps. How long are you leaving the lights on during the day? 24/7 ?

Good catch on the possible overflow problem. I didnt give that any thought. Good suggestion on the float switch.
The ats is feed by a pump. Not to concern with the light cause the bulbs are about 3 inches higher then the cut out so water will never come in contact with them.

The lights are on 16hrs off 8hrs

i love the way you did the doors on your stand,that way you have the hole opening for sump and stuff very nice stand,18fisher

Small update.... My tank broke out in a algae bloom. I thought that i was overfeeding , but I only feed every otherday .So I knew it wasnt due to food .. My lights are all about 2-3 months old so I new it wasnt that either .. So the next thing i did was check my ro system. Sure enough this is were the problem was.
the hoses on the membrane were backwards.. The waste hose was were the ro hose was and vice versa... And my membrane wasn't seated properly either ...No wonder I was having some algae issues....
So everything was corrected and the unit is running correct now.. Now time to do some water changes throughout the week....

Since I changed my ro hoses to their proper locations the algae has started to die off. Yay.

Once this is completely under control then comes new fishes.