• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

"loan a hare"

Middletown, NJ is not far away from me (I'm in Staten Island), so if no one is interested, I'll take him.
I just can't figure out what could be bothering by old one? SPS look OK, so to me this is an indication of decent water conditions. Temp is around 78.5 F, not too hot, plenty of HA and shady places to hide. Could he wander into anemones and they poisoned him? I have 3 large BTAs , several small and several aptasias now too.

I have 2 cleaner shrimps, but I did not see them bothering him. Though they are always 'welcome' new fish, or even my hand if I get too close.

Well, I got a Hare from the Hidden Reef, $23.. Just put him in the tank, keeping my fingers crossed that he's hungry.. I will post when he is available for "loan"..

been in the tank for an hour and can already see a small patch of HA that's been mowed down.. hope he keep going.. He's a big one, about 4" or more.. Sort of reminds me of Shrek, with the funny looking ears

I think I better withrew my interest in hare. My HA is dark, and it looks like it is dying off. That could be the reason why it was not an attractive food option for the hare that died.

Middletown, NJ is not far away from me (I'm in Staten Island), so if no one is interested, I'll take him.

I think I better withrew my interest in hare. My HA is dark, and it looks like it is dying off. That could be the reason why it was not an attractive food option for the hare that died.

Not a problem. It's now chowing down on my HA species tank ... or that's what visitors call it if they stop by. It should keep him full for at least 2-3 weeks... maybe more.

Well, my hare did an awesome job.. Unfortunetly for him, he's gonna run out of HA soon. Anyone want to borrow or adopt him. I guess I could return him to the reef, but they don't give credit and I don't think they have much HA to feed him. Still working on getting my nitrates back under control, so I may need him back someday. Hope not.

Ok, should be available sometime next week.. Do you still want some Cheato? PM me and we can work something out

My Sea Hare has done a tremendous job cleaning up my hair algae problem, but it's time for him to move on. This guy is a HA eating machine. I'm sure there's someone out there that could use him. I'm in Burlington, will be home this afternoon and most of the weekend. If you have a frag to trade, I wouldn't say no.

thanks!