• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

"loan a hare"

So I've seen this work out pretty good on another site before. I picked up a sea hare last. I want to start the chain going with the "Loan a Hare". I would like to pass "him" on to someone else that needs him ( and keep passing him on also) over giving back to the store for them to resell or for credit. I need him for a few more days, but would like to gauge interest now.

I'm in 08824

Generous 1st post. Welcome to NJRC. I would love to have a shot if it ever ends up down towards my way. (Area of McGuire/Fort Dix, Great Adventure)

Generous 1st post. Welcome to NJRC. I would love to have a shot if it ever ends up down towards my way. (Area of McGuire/Fort Dix, Great Adventure)

Well I did have a post count till the site crashed. I gave away some corals and fish on here before... also I have some bryopsis the hare kinda just goes rite by it for th HA. ill keep a eye on him to see if it take a bite out of it or not.

Well I did have a post count till the site crashed. I gave away some corals and fish on here before... also I have some bryopsis the hare kinda just goes rite by it for th HA. ill keep a eye on him to see if it take a bite out of it or not.

If it ends up that he can't use it, let me know. Maybe we could meet up when/when the time comes.

Nothing eats bryopsis

Somethings are known to eat bryopsis. Just like peppermint shrimp with eatting aiptasia. Not everyone will have the same outcome with the same livestock. Long Spine Urchin, mexican tubro (when bryopsis is on the way out) Rabbitfish and naso tangs are known to pick/eat bryopsis.

I'm about to purchase a sea hare, LFS price is $29.
As I understand pretty soon it will run out of food (though it's hard to believe it looking at my tank now).
Instead of returing it back to LFS , we can set up 'loan a hare'.
Any ideas on conditions of loan (for example - if you break it it yours (so some monetary load would come with the 'lease', etc) ?

I have always been curious about the Loan a "whatever"? What happens if it dies, either from improper acclimation or poor water conditions?

rich

I have always been curious about the Loan a "whatever"? What happens if it dies, either from improper acclimation or poor water conditions?

rich

Well I think it would have to be dont take it if you don't know what your doing or how to care for the hare. Also you kill it I feel you should replace it. Have to remember someone has spent the money to help fix your problem in your tank (be fair guys) You must repost to pass it on to another member. Dont take the hare from another member to just bring it to a store for credit.

Acclimation thats a whole other ball game, not everyone does it the same way. I just float the bag, tank water in time after temp in bag is good. (never had a problem) I even had a hare fall into the tank (vortech pulled bag in) only after acclimating temp for a few mins didnt die. So I think that falls into you kill it,replace it to keep the ball rolling.

The 'loss' issue would be taken care of it next person pay to previous person. Then, if 'loaner' passed along, 'deposit' is returned, and if 'loaner' lost, looser would bare some $ responsibility.
I like it better because my LFS will take the hare back but will not refund the money.

Ok, so if the original person bought it for $30 and would be returning it to the LFS for, say, $15 credit. How about you pay the person that you pick it up from $15 and then the person who "borrows" it from you pays you $15, and so on down the line. This way it costs everyone, including the original buyer, $15. I guess someone could bring him back for credit and break the chain, but that's what this is all about, right? Anyway, I'm in! I live in Burlington, but travel from New Brunswick to Cherry Hill on a pretty regular basis.