• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 120 Gallon Tale

Phil, usually any pictures I take at A.O. I upload to Will's Computer in the store and then I take my camera home empty. I'm sure he has tons of pics though because my camera has been there for about a week now.

Thanks ... it's comments like that that keep me from breaking it down and getting rid of everything when I get frustrated ... even though I just got that tank set up this year, it still crosses my mind once a week.

NapoliNewJersey said:
Got a new fish and updated my site ... heres the new guy, he's about 3 1/2" - 4":

IMG_4139.jpg
Looks just like the ones you see of the beaches....I wonder how it tastes lol
Watch your fingers their mean,a 8" one got my leg and my god those things HURT!!!!

Mine's only about 3-4" ... He already bites. I have to be carefull when I place coral. He'll follow my hand and when I least expect it he charges and nibbles. It's kinda funny.

it's a cross hatch Xanthicthys mento trigger - one of the few/rare ones that dont seem to bother the inverts...though mike can answer since hes the one with the fishy! ;)

phil519 said:
it's a cross hatch Xanthicthys mento trigger - one of the few/rare ones that dont seem to bother the inverts...though mike can answer since hes the one with the fishy! ;)

Hmm..looked like a sargassum to me. I know cross-hatch triggers are planktivores, but sargassum's I thought are hit&miss when it comes to harming inverts.

hayabusa2003 said:
phil519 said:

Hmm..looked like a sargassum to me. I know cross-hatch triggers are planktivores, but sargassum's I thought are hit&miss when it comes to harming inverts.

oh DUH...sorry I am corrected.

It's a sargassum ... I have 2 sexy shrimp, tons of snails and hermits, cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp and seastars and whatnot and he hasn't even looked toward thier direction. Hopefull that won't change.

He eats seaweed from my hand and even lets me push him out of the way without darting off. He's a pretty cool fish.

The one thing I don't like about him is that he sits on one side of the tank and doesn't move unless I feed the tank on the other side.

There should be a sign that says "no minimum purchase required...just a lot of hard work/patience and dedication!"

Thanks for sharing as always...hey given all the great stuff from AO - you should complain to them about not getting a black nudi... ;D

just kidding!

Mike, your display is beautiful. Hopefully I will have a 120 by the end of this weekend. What type of lighting do you have over it? I currently have T5's but don't think they will do well on a 120 tank.

ricwilli said:
Mike, your display is beautiful. Hopefully I will have a 120 by the end of this weekend. What type of lighting do you have over it? I currently have T5's but don't think they will do well on a 120 tank.

I have a Current OuterOrbit Pro 2 250w MHs w/ 4 54w T5s. I think 8 T5's across the top would be ok. I like my MHs though.