• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 120 Gallon Tale

mr_X said:
looking good! how does it feel not to have to dose Ca any more? ;)

lol. I'll let you know. I'm still waiting to set it up. Thank you by the way. You were awsome to deal with. The reactor is perfect for what I'm trying to do. I appreciate it alot.

Mike, how much evaporation (gallons per week) do you get from that light fixture? How high do you have it off the tank? I'm looking into the same fixture or the Aquatinics Solar Flare (T5's).

In the summer and fall I was going through about 10gallons a week. Now in the winter I'm going though about 15 gallons. Don't think it's the light fixture. I think it's from the dry air in my house because the heat is on in the winter. I suspect i'll be back to 10 gallons or less in the summer.

Mike, that rbta you have is really deep rose! Killer color. Is that the actual coloration you see when just the MH's, or with MHs and actinics on?

hayabusa2003 said:
Mike, that rbta you have is really deep rose! Killer color. Is that the actual coloration you see when just the MH's, or with MHs and actinics on?

Thanks Jonathan. And yeah, that's the real color. It's part of Camz/Raplph's lineage but I got it from someone who got it from him. I think Ralph has them in all shades of red.

Thanks guys. That Achilles came from Will at Aquatic Obsessions. He knew I was looking and he let me know when he had a good one and as soon as he had him eating pellet he was mine.

New FTS. Took this picture today.

IMG_6098.jpg

It looks kinda new, even though it's 9 months old (which is still new to some of you guys), because I had to take everything out and Treat and QT my corals. The good news is i'm really happy with the way it turned out and that my corals are *Ccrosses Fingers* bug free. *Knocks on Wood*

Thanks John,

the arch was "Marco White" but now it's changing to "diatom brown"... hopefully soon we'll see "Coraline Purple".

Thanks guys. I've turned my calcium reactor on and my Kalk reactor and my Ph is at a steady 8.3. I also just switched from Reef Crystals to Red Sea Coral Pro becuase I found out that Reef crystals were mixing up with 10ppm nitrate right out of the bucket. I could never get my nitrates down. So hopefully now I can start seeing some nicer results from my tank.