• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My Big Tank

Looks great. Gotta tell ya. Original looked great two. :)
Thanks that's an old picture of the original one. Over time the diy one got alot of screw hole in it from removing things and adding new stuff. It also wasnt that easy to run cords through. The marine depot one is alot easier to run cords through and I used velcro to mount stuff this time it so it get screw hole in it.

It's cool works really good very quiet. It sets the drip rate by itself so you just have to set the ph in the reactor. Its designed to work with only a couple inches of water in the reactor. But since I m only running 5 psi on my regulator its pretty much full of water.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
It's cool works really good very quiet. It sets the drip rate by itself so you just have to set the ph in the reactor. Its designed to work with only a couple inches of water in the reactor. But since I m only running 5 psi on my regulator its pretty much full of water.

it has an automated drip rate? how does it achieve that? that sounds awesome.

It has a device on the output that looks kinda like a check valve that keeps a consistent drip rate. I've had it running for a month now and it's been very steady. They give you two of them if it does clog avast said you just reverse it and it will clean itself out. 15809174764441703589293710994815.jpg

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
It has a device on the output that looks kinda like a check valve that keeps a consistent drip rate. I've had it running for a month now and it's been very steady. They give you two of them if it does clog avast said you just reverse it and it will clean itself out. View attachment 27139

ohhh, looks like a rodi capillary flow restrictor. that actually pretty genius.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I ordered that same reactor. is that the sea bones version 2? they are having a sale right now.

It's still in there but it's getting taken over by WWC yellow tip. It didnt do much colored up a little and encrusted but that's it.