• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My Big Tank

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
LET ME GET A FRAG OF EACH THING IN THERE!!!

LOL

damn looks amazing though!

(im sorta serious about the frags lol)

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
LET ME GET A FRAG OF EACH THING IN THERE!!!

LOL

damn looks amazing though!

(im sorta serious about the frags lol)

LOL I have first dibs :tongue:

Every time I look at your rocks I want to kick myself. You can't get pukani rocks from BRS anymore

Thanks everyone I cant wait to see what it looks like next year.

I love pukani rock I have used it in every tank I have ever had. I dont think anyone sells it anymore

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Thanks everyone I cant wait to see what it looks like next year.

I love pukani rock I have used it in every tank I have ever had. I dont think anyone sells it anymore

There is a club member that has a couple pallets of it. PM if you want their info.

Little update on the tank I switch over to a calcium reactor. It took a little while to get use to adjusting it now that I got use to it I really like it. View attachment 22685 View attachment 22686

Nice!!!!!
Wait and see what a big difference between 2 part dosing and a Calcium Reactor.
I’m going to repeat what someone told me once: I will never ever go back to 2 part dosing.
I’ve lost almost all my SPSs specially my Acros due to RTN cause by high salinity level thanks to my refractometer giving a wrong reading.
I started running running a Calcium Reactor short after the salinity level was corrected and the few SPSs I have left are coming back really fast.
One of the advantages of running a Calcium Reactor is that you are not only dosing Alk, Cal and Mag but trace elements too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Little update on the tank I switch over to a calcium reactor. It took a little while to get use to adjusting it now that I got use to it I really like it.
Nice!!!!!
Wait and see what a big difference between 2 part dosing and a Calcium Reactor.
I’m going to repeat what someone told me once: I will never ever go back to 2 part dosing.
I’ve lost almost all my SPSs specially my Acros due to RTN cause by high salinity level thanks to my refractometer giving a wrong reading.
I started running running a Calcium Reactor short after the salinity level was corrected and the few SPSs I have left are coming back really fast.
One of the advantages of running a Calcium Reactor is that you are not only dosing Alk, Cal and Mag but trace elements too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:dance:

I liked 2 part my tank did very well on it only reason I switched was because it was getting too expensive. I was really worried about switching over to a calcium reactor I didn't want to upset the tanks stability. The switch went pretty good I have a few big colonies that are not looking so hot but I think they might pull through other then that it went pretty good. One thing I can say is that it is super stable my alk has been 8.2 for 5 days in a row. Now that I have one I probably wont ever go back to 2 part.

omg awesome tank so wish me and gf could have 1 like that lol don't think our old house floors could support it lmao anyways killer tank man looking forward to seeing it all set up congrats

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Where you dosing ESV? What was your breaking point? I’m at about 150ml a day now. Well that and a couple gallons of kalk through a stirrer, which I would keep online for other reasons than just all and calcium. How are you handling fluctuations of demand? I have a friend in the nsi for the trident, he’s still using two part to make adjustments. Well he has the trident doing it. I think I may go this way once the trident is available.

I was around a 180mls plus kalk a day. That kept me at 7.5 to 7.7. Since I switched over to the calcium reactor it's been steady at 7.8 to 7.9 haven't had to make any adjustments since getting dailed in it's been around a month or so.

Still cant figure out what's going on with the tank. Looks like I'm going to lose more sps it starts off at the tips then the skin just peels off. Going to start fraging what's left and moving them to the frag tank. If anyone has some suggestions on what to do or look for let me know. All my lps and zoas are doing just fine.20190422_194952.jpg 20190422_195014.jpg

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
get a ICP test out if you can, that pretty odd that's it starts from the top. have you been running carbon?

have you tested for stray voltage?

get a ICP test out if you can, that pretty odd that's it starts from the top. have you been running carbon?

have you tested for stray voltage?

Going to order one. I've been running carbon just put a fresh bag in, haven't tested for stray voltage cuz I dont get shocked when I stick my hand in the tank.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Going to order one. I've been running carbon just put a fresh bag in, haven't tested for stray voltage cuz I dont get shocked when I stick my hand in the tank.

test for stray, regardless if you feel a shock or not. I routinely check for stray voltage since I had a brand new finnex tianium heater destroy colonies just like how you're describing and it took me awhile to figure it out. I didn't feel any shocks either. doesn't hurt to test for it.

test for stray, regardless if you feel a shock or not. I routinely check for stray voltage since I had a brand new finnex tianium heater destroy colonies just like how you're describing and it took me awhile to figure it out. I didn't feel any shocks either. doesn't hurt to test for it.

Just tested it my calcium reactor pump is leaching power back into the tank. Thanks I would of never tested for it15559893872605245502010659003242.jpg