• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My Big Tank

You could probably wait a couple days but I don't think it makes that much of difference. Unless you did like a big 50 percent water change. A normal 5 to 25 percent water won't change your numbers much.

Couple weeks ago I hooked up my old co2 scrubber to try and bump my ph up from 7.89 at night and 8.01 during the day. Man did it work my ph is 8.3 during the day and 8.10 at night. My alk consumption went from 30mls a day to 75mls a day. Corals are looking really happy and growth has picked up over the weeks.

Picked up 2 aquamaxx dosing containers from marine depot. The build quality is very nice. I was dosing straight out of the b-ionic jug. But 15374035636023553244244259306079.jpg I didn't really like that because you couldn't tell how much you were dosing and if it was equal amounts.

I setup my extra dos to do a 2 gallon a day automatic water change. Using a 32 gallon brute trash can for saltwater storage and ran the drain line down where my washing machine drains. It's so nice not having to manually do water changes. 32 gallons will last me about 16 days so every 16 days I'll have to mix more saltwater which is not bad. I thought about doing 1 gallon a day but don't know if the saltwater will stay good for a month. Another plus is that I lowered my 2 part dosage since starting the awc which is nice.

Its definitely worth it it took me an hour or two to run the lines up the wall through my basement ceiling to other side of my basement. Probably around 30 ft and the dos has no problem pulling or pushing water that far. I also added a float switch to my saltwater container to shut the dos off if I run out of saltwater and it will text me when it gets low.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Wow everything grew so much! Looking good. Look how different a year made with your tank!

1526599747085679830914-jpg.19757