• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My Big Tank

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
damn, I would of never expected it to come from a sicce pump, usually built well. I haven't been able to examine the pump on our calcium reactors but can you get another sicce pump to replace it? I would also contact Seapora warranty or Big Al's to see what they can do.

atleast you caught it, starting to think the pH probe reacted to the voltage that's why it started leaking.

damn, I would of never expected it to come from a sicce pump, usually built well. I haven't been able to examine the pump on our calcium reactors but can you get another sicce pump to replace it? I would also contact Seapora warranty or Big Al's to see what they can do.

atleast you caught it, starting to think the pH probe reacted to the voltage that's why it started leaking.
Wasnt any stray voltage I had the ground in the wrong spot everything checkout fine.

I always thought tip down recession was a cause of alk burn.
I had similar problems a while back when I added a calcium reactor. While there were slight fluctuations in alk. Once I got it rock solid it was fine. That was until I added media a few months later, and all bets were off.
Personally I'll never use one again.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That's what I thought about the tips but alk only went as high as 8.9 before I got it dailed in.

Something is irritating them because some are sliming up. Some of them are doing just fine and growing. It's just weird

I tested the water last night alk is 7.8 calcium 425 magnesium 1250 nitrate 10 phosphate 0. Thinking it might be an imbalance between nitrates and phosphates. Or it's the tank not liking the switch from 2 part.

That's what I thought about the tips but alk only went as high as 8.9 before I got it dailed in.

Something is irritating them because some are sliming up. Some of them are doing just fine and growing. It's just weird

I tested the water last night alk is 7.8 calcium 425 magnesium 1250 nitrate 10 phosphate 0. Thinking it might be an imbalance between nitrates and phosphates. Or it's the tank not liking the switch from 2 part.

The numbers look solid. I wouldn't dwell to much on the Nitrate and Phosphate, nothing wrong there at all. What I was getting at with the alk is not so much it being high, But the fluctuations that occurred during the dial in. 8.9 is not high at all, but I saw where you mentioned it was 7.5 during 2 part. That's not a terribly large swing, but a see saw effect during the week or 2 it took to lock it in could have been enough to piss them off.

I'd also like to add you are arguably running a ULNS. You could/should probably be running a lower alk.

Last edited:
Haven't updated in a while tank is doing much better now. I think it was a bad batch of fritz salt. Went back to instant ocean and the tank made a complete turn around. 20191222_192845.jpg20191222_192828.jpg20191222_140816.jpg20191222_140822.jpg20191222_141038.jpg20191222_141038.jpg

Thanks it was in pretty bad shape for a while still have some damaged coral but they are healing.

Going to put the calcium reactor back on after Christmas. Tank is starting to eat up alk and calcium again. Dosing kalk and a 100 mls of alk and calcium. I was dosing 180 mls before the crash

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
nice! glad it's back! I stick with RC salt and never switch, because of reasons like this.

Upgraded my controller board last weekend. Replaced my diy one with a marine depot control board. It took about 4 hours to do you don't realize how many wires there are till you try to move then all.

From this
20180325_160152.jpg

To this
20200201_090744.jpg

To this
20200201_144902.jpg