• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Start of my Oceanic 215 build

Hi,
i was wondering how you like you skimmer? i am in the beginning stages of a 215 and have been flip flopping over which one to get? the more threads i read and the more youtube vid's i watch the more indecisive i get. any advice is really appreciated. -thanks

njtogger said:
Hi,
i was wondering how you like you skimmer? i am in the beginning stages of a 215 and have been flip flopping over which one to get? the more threads i read and the more youtube vid's i watch the more indecisive i get. any advice is really appreciated. -thanks

for an insump skimmer you can't really beat it for the money, not that 400+ is cheap. I do love it. It works like a champ, i don't regret buying it at all. good luck with whatever skimmer you decide to go with.

Harry

njtogger said:
thanks for the info, still not sure about insump or stand alone. where to find a good sump w/ fuge is another dilemma.

If i had to do it all over again i would go with the ADHI sump or make one out of glass. the glass sump would be the cheapest route

Harry

Not much going on really. I need to buy lights and i'm kinda putting it off for a few months. I'm just using a 4' T5 fixture from my 75g as temporary lighting. I'm not putting any of my corals in here until i get my new lights in a few months. Just wanted to update with my newest purchase. It's a Bimaculatus Anthias probably my favorite Anthias. It's changing from a female to male. I can't wait for the awesome purples to come out.

newest resident a Bimaculatus Anthias
IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

And the bully of the tank my Sailfin Tang. The Anthias has been very shy with the sailfin showing him who's boss, but they all coexist in a pretty harmonias fashion
IMG_1727.jpg

Harry

Baxreefs said:
Nice fish you got there.

thanks, i think i'm going to get 2 or 3 more eventually. I woke up this morning and one of my clowns jumped out of the tank. I found him on the tile floor hard as a rock. My cats must have had a field day as he was covered in cat hair. I didn't think clownfish were jumpers but i guess in my case it was.

Harry

njtogger said:
thanks for the info, still not sure about insump or stand alone. where to find a good sump w/ fuge is another dilemma.

I had mine built by Orca Systems.
It was great unfortunately DHL kicked the side in.
http://www.acrylicarts.eversites.co...6&catid=946&shopperid=24859&shop=itemlist.asp
I didn't get the skimmer though he is going to show me some custom ones. You can order just what you want I went with the 36 inch version it is great. Like I said now I am waiting to get the replacement built but it was really sweet(minus the crack). The 30 inch is just under 200 and the 36 inch just over FYI. Without the skimmer ect