• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sunny's Dilemma - July Contest - Who is Arnold?

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Sorry I have been away for a couple of months, work has been killing.

Here is the latest poll.

Mnat and Nikki are exempt from this one. I will also leave it to them to exempt anyone they talked to about this.

I will just share the conversation I had with ICH. Rest if self explanatory.

ICH : Hey Sunny, I am back :) . How have you been?

Sunny : Back? But did I not pack your bags and put you on a plane to ichisthan?

ICH : You did, but I love your tank.

Sunny : I love my tank too and that is why I ran fallow for 11 weeks. I also setup 3 QT tanks and treated all my fish for 8 weeks with copper. I even got you a one way ticket to ichisthan so you could not come back. How did u get back?

ICH : Did you ever think I never left?

Sunny : Not possible. I did not put any water or net or hose or used a bucket with the display water.
You had no chance to live in my tank. You had to leave.

ICH : Then maybe I left and hitched a ride back with one of the fish in QT?

Sunny : No way. They had no ich. They were in copper for 8 weeks. How the hell did u come back?

ICH : I will give you a hint, I found Arnold from Commando and jumped the plane :) :)

Sunny : What is that supposed to mean?

ICH : Well your QT had no ich and you ran the tank fallow for 11 weeks. But I am back with Arnold.

Sunny : Who is Arnold? What are you talking about?

ICH : That Sunny, is the right question ..

Who is Arnold? The winner must guess it correctly. To make it interesting, I will drop hints as we go.

I will disclose winner on July 29th.

Winner gets some nice Frags.

Sunny

i really like the start of this, interesting perspective... atleast you can keep your sense of humor with this. looking forward to some hints

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
i really like the start of this, interesting perspective... atleast you can keep your sense of humor with this. looking forward to some hints

Yes Roy, it is hard to keep the chin up after running fallow for 12 weeks. Well what else can you do ...

he didnt say he had inverts in QT tanks so the star fish is a good guess but i did read that someone had a problem and found out that ich can hide out in live snail shells and no one knows why the wife and i stayed up all night reading and reading and thats all that we could find

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Since crypto can not survive through its lifecycle without a host fish, I say that there was a rogue fish left behind in the tank….maybe a wrasse buried under the sand.

To the best of my knowledge, crypto can not use an invert as a host....it must be a fish.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
RULES and how to play.

Everyone please read up - rules on how to play ;)

I will be dropping a hint each day (hopefully). Once I drop the hint that will mark the end of a LEVEL. So this contest will have three LEVELS all related to Arnold.

We are in LEVEL one right now. The objective is to guess what is Arnold. Like people said urchin, snail, fish etc etc. I will drop a hint this evening and LEVEL one will be closed. Whoever guessed correctly on what is Arnold, will get 1 point.

LEVEL 2 will start with another objective (wait till tonight for that). It will end when I drop the second hint. Again, the folks who guessed it right will get 1 point.

LEVEL 3 will be another objective and same thing as other two levels.

You can only guess once, do it more than once and you are disqualified. :D

Anyone who scores at least 2 points out of 3 will go to the lottery for frags.

So read/think/play and have fun.

Sunny

My guess is... Arnold is a relative of my purple fire fish...

My PFF all of sudden became a cave deweller after 8 mths of having her in the tank. She was missing in my tank for months. I saw her pop out recently during day time feeding. I was so shocked and happy at the same time. I literally yelled out to my wife to come see her missing fish. We assummed that she had been CCU food. The PFF was a little on the skinny side, but she is starting to plump back up. She comes out of the rock/ sand cave much more often now during feeding.

Haha you stole my answer. I havent seen mine since around april. But in my case its still missing.

Im gonna go with a long lost fish as well.

My guess is... Arnold is a relative of my purple fire fish...

My PFF all of sudden became a cave deweller after 8 mths of having her in the tank. She was missing in my tank for months. I saw her pop out recently during day time feeding. I was so shocked and happy at the same time. I literally yelled out to my wife to come see her missing fish. We assummed that she had been CCU food. The PFF was a little on the skinny side, but she is starting to plump back up. She comes out of the rock/ sand cave much more often now during feeding.

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
1 fish jumped back in and you didn't notice. Mine was a Yasha Hasha Goby that was hidden in my lr. Saw it 2 days later in my brute with my lr.

Bob

Last edited:

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
LEVEL one responses should get in by 9:30 PM. We will move to LEVEL 2 tonight. So keep the guesses coming.