• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sunny's Dilemma - July Contest - Who is Arnold?

Im going to go with stuck in the over flow. Whenever a fish goes missing Ive learned to check there first.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
So we are at end of Level 2. Sorry to disappoint everyone, but nobody got it right in level 2. Well I knew it was not going to be that obvious :) :) ... So I learned the hard way that there are downsides of having a large ..... Skimmer. Yup, arnold survived in my skimmer for about 4 months.

Level 3 question is --- What is Arnold? Now you know that Arnold is pretty resilient and hardy. So you now need to guess the exact fish name. Please note that if you already stated it to be a goby or a wrasse or something else, you must stick to it. So Paul, you said wrasse. Now you need to say which wrasse .. If someone said goby , which goby? If you said firefish well, which firefish?

You have till Sunday 9:00 PM to guess.

Good luck!

I think I'm stuck with Firefish. Not sure. Either way I'm at a loss anyway. So I'm going with helfrichi Firefish.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
So you now need to guess the exact fish name.

His name is Arnold! I WIN! :glee:

So why did I have to pick wrasse….there are too many different kinds of wrasse. I’ll take a shot in the dark and guess that it is an Elegant Wrasse….I think my odds are better in Atlantic City.

perc clown... and i'm amazed that the fisg was alive in the skimmer that long. i still can't see how a fish made it through the skimmer pump. as malulu said, i guess it can happen, i just can't imagine how.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
perc clown... and i'm amazed that the fisg was alive in the skimmer that long. i still can't see how a fish made it through the skimmer pump. as malulu said, i guess it can happen, i just can't imagine how.

I empty my sump once a month. The SOB survived that for months. I was so baffled how the ich came back and that is when I found something in the skimmer :(.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
His name is Arnold! I WIN! :glee:
So why did I have to pick wrasse….there are too many different kinds of wrasse. I’ll take a shot in the dark and guess that it is an Elegant Wrasse….I think my odds are better in Atlantic City.

Well, if you stuck to the rules you would have been fine :). No one asked you to answer all three questions in one go. :D :D

malulu

NJRC Member
my guess is - it have to be small enough to be able to pass thought the Dorsal pipe and down to the skimmer...??

i think - PurpleFireFish ?

Technically I said Arnold is a relative of my purple firefish in my initial guess. I was just trying to say he is a fish and did not mean he is a purple firefish.

Am i still eligible to make a guess as to the type of fish specie Aronold is or am I limited to firefish? :)

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Technically I said Arnold is a relative of my purple firefish in my initial guess. I was just trying to say he is a fish and did not mean he is a purple firefish.

Am i still eligible to make a guess as to the type of fish specie Aronold is or am I limited to firefish? :)

As far as it is a "relative" of your firefish you can name it. :)

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
LEVEL 3 is extended till tomorrow night.

Come one people, you can do better than this.

So far there is no right answer for LEVEL 3

There was no right answer for LEVEL 2 either. This means no one gets 2/3 points and there is no winner :) :).

So here is some more info. Arnold did not make it to the skimmer from the display. So he did not go through pipes/plumbing into the sump. I had him in my fuge (above the sump) in the basement and he jumped. So it is not necessarily a tiny fish.

Yes, with this new information everyone can take another guess. It has to be accurate.

Yes, if you said goby you can change that to whatever you want. Paul, here is your chance :) :)

I want a winner. It will be too bad if no one could guess this.

LEVEL 3 will now end tomorrow night to give everyone a change for a second guess.

Sunny