• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank birthday and I'm a Geezer

Then those people are missing out on a ton of information that a man of your experience and love for reefing that you have to offer. Or their stuck on looking for quick fix overnight solutions with chemicals,, one day maybe they will figure out the best thing for their tanks is 100%
OCEAN WATER and let Mother Nature do her thing,, I’m happy to have someone of your experience sharing the same thoughts I have when it comes to letting nature take its course and not try n play God. More reefers should be more open minded in that area
God Bless my friend, also hoping your little lady is having a good day today, behind every great man is a greater woman

Paul B

NJRC Member
Today I opened a box that I have not seen since I moved here almost three years ago. I found DVDs from many years ago and one of them was our Daughters graduation from high school.

My wife and I rented out the "New York Aquarium" in Brooklyn New York for the surprise party.

We surprised her by telling her we were going out to dinner (or something like that so she got dressed up) and then someone rang our door bell.

It was all of her friends and we had a full size bus also rented because the aquarium was almost an hour away.

They all got to the aquarium and many of our friends and family was also there.
We hired a DJ and catered it. It was a very nice affair and much cheaper than we thought it would be.

At that time in 1995 the aquarium only charged us about six bucks a person and they provided guards so the kids didn't go swimming in the tanks and they took out the garbage.

The bus was cheap and I don't remember what the DJ charged but it was a great party. The Dj was stationed in front of one of the huge tanks and I am surprised the aquarium let us do this as the fish must have gone nuts.

Today I opened a box that I have not seen since I moved here almost three years ago. I found DVDs from many years ago and one of them was our Daughters graduation from high school.

My wife and I rented out the "New York Aquarium" in Brooklyn New York for the surprise party.

We surprised her by telling her we were going out to dinner (or something like that so she got dressed up) and then someone rang our door bell.

It was all of her friends and we had a full size bus also rented because the aquarium was almost an hour away.

They all got to the aquarium and many of our friends and family was also there.
We hired a DJ and catered it. It was a very nice affair and much cheaper than we thought it would be.

At that time in 1995 the aquarium only charged us about six bucks a person and they provided guards so the kids didn't go swimming in the tanks and they took out the garbage.

The bus was cheap and I don't remember what the DJ charged but it was a great party. The Dj was stationed in front of one of the huge tanks and I am surprised the aquarium let us do this as the fish must have gone nuts.
Great memories brother, I don’t care how tough we think we are, nothing brings a tear to your eye and lump in your throat like a memory of you little girl growing up and becoming a lovely women, plus not matter what she’s always going to be your ( little girl)
I know I can’t imagine my life without my 2 little girls. Only problem is I’m the only guy in the house, even my dogs are girls, I’m drowning in a sea of estergin ( spelling sucks). But wouldn’t have it any other way
God Bless

Paul B

NJRC Member
I know we had a girl and my Mother N Law lived upstairs. I built a Mother Daughter house.

Here are my whiteworms. They are eating dry cat food but their incessant "Meowing" is annoying.

thumbnail.jpg

Paul B

NJRC Member
As you know I am hopelessly against qt and this is one of the main reasons. It totally stresses the fish and stress "causes" disease in fish. It affects Humans also but not to the effect as a fish.
We have a few options. We can leave, get divorced, quit out job, remove a tattoo of our old girlfriend who looks like a flounder, get a different car, buy a new parakeet, move to Tunisia, set up a tank that only has mud skippers in it etc.

Fish don't have many of those options, especially in quarantine. They swim around thinking things like, Wow, look at the 3/4" PVC elbow. I wonder if they got that in Home Depot or Loews. The Bar code is still on it and I can barely see printed under it, "Made in China".

Oh look! there is another one facing the opposite way. Now I can swim into one and circle around to the other one, what fun!!!
What is that I smell? Smells like old pennies and it is making me itchy. Oh No, I am getting itchy. I am doomed!!

OMG, here comes that Human again. Grrreat, he is sprinkling some of that freeze dried cardboard in here like I am supposed to eat it. I will eat that when he does.

As you know I am hopelessly against qt and this is one of the main reasons. It totally stresses the fish and stress "causes" disease in fish. It affects Humans also but not to the effect as a fish.
We have a few options. We can leave, get divorced, quit out job, remove a tattoo of our old girlfriend who looks like a flounder, get a different car, buy a new parakeet, move to Tunisia, set up a tank that only has mud skippers in it etc.

Fish don't have many of those options, especially in quarantine. They swim around thinking things like, Wow, look at the 3/4" PVC elbow. I wonder if they got that in Home Depot or Loews. The Bar code is still on it and I can barely see printed under it, "Made in China".

Oh look! there is another one facing the opposite way. Now I can swim into one and circle around to the other one, what fun!!!
What is that I smell? Smells like old pennies and it is making me itchy. Oh No, I am getting itchy. I am doomed!!

OMG, here comes that Human again. Grrreat, he is sprinkling some of that freeze dried cardboard in here like I am supposed to eat it. I will eat that when he does.
Follow you on both sides

Paul B

NJRC Member
My current fish load

1 copperband butterfly
1 Hippo Tang
2 spawning 6 line Wrasses
2 ruby red dragonettes
2 Possum Wrasses
2 Bangai Cardinals
2 Spawning Watchman Gobies
1 Sunburst Anthius
2 Spawning Fireclowns
2 Spawning Rainsford gobies.
2 by color bleenies
2 Stripped cardinals
1 Scooter Dragonette
2 (I think) Gecko Gobies
1 Janss Pipefish
1 Bluestripe pipefish
1 Purple something, I forget his name
1 Red something.
1 Perchlet
2 Hawkfish
2 green clown gobies, probably citron gobies.
1 black gobi looking thing.

I may have forgot one or two and if I look at the tank a while I am sure I will find more.