• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank birthday and I'm a Geezer

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I was using a syringe to blast lemon juice into vermatid snails and aptasia. The aptasia would shrink then I grabbed the bumble bee snails and put on top if it to consume the rest. The vermatids retreated and I broke the tube off and bumble bees would do the rest. Its an ongoing battle and need to start this process again.

Paul B

NJRC Member
This is the injector.

Sponge injector.JPG

Here is the sponge after one application. You can see the surface deteriorating.

Attachments

• Dying sponge.JPG
    Dying sponge.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 6

Paul B

NJRC Member
I just went to my favorite, but dirty LFS where I brought Humble. I picked up 4 fish for the same price another LFS on the same block (but 5 miles away) for the same price he charges for one fish.

I got a red waspfish, 2 hectors gobies and a female ruby red dragonette.

I got there just as the order came in which is my favorite way to buy fish. Right from the sea before they went into the stores tanks, still in the blue water. :D
Fish in bags.JPG
Red Waspfish.JPG

Paul B

NJRC Member
Now I am making a little progress eliminating this invasive sponge so maybe I can plant it and more corals on some bare rock, something that I don't have now as it is all covered in sponge which covered my corals.

I can't put in any hard corals because they get covered pretty fast and the toxins when I kill the sponge kills them right away so before I can do much I need to keep at this devil sponge. If I let it go, my tank will be nothing but sponge which it almost is now.

Paul B

NJRC Member
Good morning. Nothing happened on my cold morning walk today but now I have to be careful because I noticed evidence that Bigfoot may live near here. I can tell because Bigfoot usually breaks trees when he goes for his breakfast.

Bigfoot trees.jpg

Paul B

NJRC Member
Making progress killing invasive sponge.

This is last week.

Dying sponge.JPG

And this is today. Now the zoa's are overgrowing the sponge.
ponge.JPG

Paul B

NJRC Member
My walk this morning was wet, windy and cold. Like my Mother used to say, the cold goes right through you.. I would imagine as long as it doesn't pass through anything important like your Gall Bladder, you will be fine. (well, I used to say that last part)

My Grand Mother also used to have a saying.......Unfortunately, the Woman didn't speak a word of English, so I never knew what it was.

Rain.JPG

Paul B

NJRC Member
Good morning Diana. Yes this is with the new Iphone 13 Mini. These pictures are not color corrected. This is the way the camera took the pictures. I could have corrected them but I didn't think they needed it.

The picture of the wet street I fooled around with a little in the camera. I did enhance that a little and I think it came out perfectly. I love this camera. I can take a selfie and make me look like Brad Pitt. Or better yet, make him look like me. :D

This filefish was taken with my old I Phone 4. Big difference.

Great photos. I especially like the contrast you got in the winter landscape. The light and dark areas work out good also. Really shows what can be done in winter photos even without the leaves on trees and so on.

Paul B

NJRC Member
This is posted in the bathroom at my wife's PT place.
I am glad they feel they need to post this but I don't do it this way.

I like to wet my hands, then dry them, then then add the soap and walk away. I just don't know why I am sticky for the rest of the day. :flushed-face:

Attachments

• Wash your hands.JPG
    Wash your hands.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 2