• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank birthday and I'm a Geezer

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Just did my kid's rear with brakes, rotors and new calipers for just under $200. It only needed new pads, but it really takes no more time to throw on the other new parts once you jack it up and take off the wheel. Easy peasy....and I file the pads to have that custom fit.

Paul B

NJRC Member
Yes, if you have the wheels off you may as well change the rotors as they fall right off. :)
I can't do much right now because I can't really move my left shoulder. :confused:

I used to re build or change my engines on my cars and boats. In the early 70s I changed my Bonneville automatic transmission in the street. And a Bonneville 4 speed automatic transmission was a lot heavier then than they are now. :p

Only if you know what you're doing...LOL
So I'm prepared to get burned in the Fall. Right before win storage will get it done.
I'm a mechanic by trade. Watch a YouTube video , invite a friend over and do it yourself. While you may feel intimated, it's very easy. Just make sure you're on a hard flat surface and make sure you don't rely solely on the jack to keep it up and chauk your wheels so it doesn't roll. Wear gloves and a respirator if you're doing it inside a garage or something

Paul B

NJRC Member
I went to my Shoulder Surgeon fish and I have this big tear in my rotator cuff. (Like I didn't already know that)

So I have my surgery booked but it is in the middle of the summer. The operating rooms here are booked about 3 months out so if you need your gallbladder out because of intense pain from a cro bar impaled through it due to an accident between you and a 6 ton Mack truck hauling Toyota Corolla's you better keep spraying that cro bar with WD-40 to keep the rust off until you can get into that operating room with Dugie Howser.

This will be my 8th (I think) shoulder surgery, 4 on that shoulder alone so I hope by now they get it right. I had 32 surgeries total where they had to knock me out but if you didn't tear or break everything at my age, you didn't do enough and may have had a boring life. :D

I asked my surgeon if he used aluminum toggle bolts from Home Depot along with "Reef Glue" the last time being it only lasted 14 months. He just looked at me funny.

He said, After 3 repairs on that shoulder there wasn't much room for him to put in new screws or duct tape.

At that time he should have said, "I think you need a completely need shoulder" but I think he owns the physical therapy place I have to go to after the surgeries.

I am going to try to last until the winter because our pool is opening tomorrow and we normally have music and big parties through the summer and I need my arms to be able to flail around while I do the Macarena and if I keep screaming i will lose my edge along with my reputation.

I like to grab the old Ladies and dance with them. They think of me as a Boy Toy even though when I attended grammar school we still had ink wells on the wooden desks. :)

Paul B

NJRC Member
So we had to be at her graduation at Fordham Law school at 7:45 am in the Bronx. (NYC). That is about 45 miles from me but the traffic there looks like a cup of live, adult brine shrimp and at that time in the morning, rush hour, it moves more like a cup of frozen brine shrimp.

We decided to go there the day before and sleep in a hotel. I searched the net for a hotel near by. It's not to far from Yankee Stadium.
I find a place 3 miles from the university and "WAYS" said it would take 40 minutes to get there from the hotel.

40 minutes to go 3 miles is normal for the Bronx or anywhere in the New York City boroughs.

I called to make the reservation and got the front desk. I don't think the girl I spoke to went to Fordham.
She was very nice but may have had the IQ of one of the apples on her desk.

She asked my name. I said very slowly "PAUL BALDASSANO". She asked "Is BALDASSANO your first or last name?".

I said Baldassano is my last name and PAUL, like the Saint is my first name.
OK. Spell it.... I asked Baldassano? She said "No, spell Paul".

OK. P A U L. Like the Saint. What Saint?. I said Saint Paul which I could tell went right over her semi empty head.

So I said, "Would you like me to spell Baldassano. She asked "Whats that?"

I replied, "my last name". She said "Oh OK, spell that".

I spelled my name very slowly 3 times. Then I had to spell it phonetically. 3 times.

B, as in ballerina, A, as in the apple in your head, L, as in lunatic, D as in dope and so on.

Then she asked my E Mail which ends in AOL.COM. She asked "Whats that"?

I said My E Mail. She said "Can I spell it?". I said "spell what"? She said "Spell AOL. COM".

I said "Spell what?" She said "AOL.COM". I said, "Thats it."

She said, "What"? I said AOL.COM.
My wife was hysterical and I said it again but she never heard of it. I know no one uses AOL.COM any more but I was here way before the internet was invented and I got AOL and still have it. This girl who seemed to be about 30 never heard of it. She never even heard of ".COM".

So I spelled it very slowly. A O L . C O M

This conversation is absolutely true and if I knew she was such a genius I would have taped this conversation.
And she got a job at the front desk of a hotel that is rated Excellent.

The place was in the biggest dump in the Bronx but it was only 4 weeks old, kind of like this receptionist.

Paul B

NJRC Member
One of my butterflies was born with a defective wing so she can't fly. If I find a dead butterfly I will perform a "wingectomy" and super glue a new wing section on her.

Paul B

NJRC Member
1711174372_MemorialDay4.jpg

Tomorrow I am going to Calverton Military Cemetary which is the largest Military cemetery in the US and is very close to my home. I also have a few friends there.

I, along with many more Patriots will be placing thousands of flags on the graves of the Hero's there and some day, I will also be there with them. I can't think of a better place to spend eternity.

Next week we will go back to remove them.

Last edited:

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Did the flag placement here with my GS yesterday

Thank you, Paul and others, who served to protect us

“I got a letter from my Uncle Sam
I need you son, to fight in Vietnam
Just nineteen, I took the oath
Old enought to kill but not to vote
So I got in line and off I went
Started Basis Training and lived in a tent