• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The 210 tank build

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I am sure by some of the posts we have made we are upgrading for the last time. This is going to take some time and we don't even have the tank yet but I wanted to start the old build thread. I am still finalizing some of the equipment and build aspects but at least I can get something started.

Tank: Elos 160xl (5ftx30inchesx22inches) roughly 210g, matching stand
We are going through the wall into the basement where all the equipment will be.

Equipment I have so far:
Mazarra P LED lights, 4 panels
MTC Calcium reactor
Reef Octopus XP5000 skimmer with the self cleaning head and waste collection bucket with the turnoff

Getting/working on getting:
Sump: 4x2 foot sump acrylic
Deep Blue 80g frag tank
Smaller acrylic frag tank as quarantine
45g cube as our fish quarantine (already have that)
Return pump: Whatever Ethan tell me to get

That is really it for right now. The fish room is not framed out yet but will be soon, taking it slow and letting Ethan plan it all out.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That is a great footprint for a tank. Congrats and good luck and PLEASE let me know if you need any help (or plumbing parts!).

Mike I plan on selling off my whole system not sure if you're interested in it.

I have a 60g deep blue frag tank 48 x 24 x 12, 75g sump, 72 x 24 x 44" stand, 2 BRs reactors, Apex lite w/ 2 EB8, JBJ ATO, 2 x 30g brute containers, 75 gpd RO unit, BRs carbon, BRS GFO, mix pumps, Eheim 1262, 20g l w/ stand qt tank, and I'm sure more. LMK if anything I have can help you.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Good and thanks for the reminder for this thread LOL.

Thigns are going well but slow. The electricity has been run and the plumber is putting in the slop sink this weekend. After that, then the sheet rock and tables are installed and the fun can begin. I got the sump (thanks to Ultra corals) and Ethan from AO dropped off my deep blue rimless frag tank and the 3 65g tanks I will be using as water mixing stations. We went with the tanks because we wanted to maximize space and they were on sale. The 57g will be coming down soon, and then the 45g. Elos has our tank here in the states, just waiting for the setup to be complete.

I remember how things seemed to take for ever with mine and then all of a sudden everything was here and then I didnt know where to start...LOL. If you need any help just let me know since Im right over the bridge.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Tank is being delivered a week from today so things are coming along nicely. Here are some pics of the fish room.
DSC_2588.jpg

DSC_2589.jpg

DSC_2590.jpg

DSC_2591.jpg

DSC_2592.jpg

DSC_2593.jpg

This will be a water change tank, but for now everything from the 57g is in here:
DSC_2594.jpg

This is where the frag tank is going to go:
DSC_2595.jpg

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Viola! That looks awesome Mike. Looking forward to the build.

Sunny

Thanks, Steve and Sunny.

Steve, the tank will be delivered (in house and set up) by ELOS on Friday afternoon, but we appreciate the thought. If you would like to come over, observe, and have a beer, and let your daughter chase our new kitten, you are welcome, but (thankfully) neither you nor us will be lifting/moving the tank.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
It went very well Ed. Here are some pics:

Here are the guys from Elos shimming the stand so everything was level.
photo32.jpg

Ethan with the Elos guy's putting the heavy tank on the stand:
photo31.jpg

The tank with the light rail hung:
photo30.jpg

As you can see there are no doors on the stand right now. When it was delivered they were not happy with the glue job on the doors so they took them off and ordered me a new pair. Ethan finished up the rest of the plumbing and installed the frag tank. We picked up 120g of water today to add to the tank. Nikki is going to be doing some scaping tomorrow while I am at the Giants game so we will see how it goes. I will get some more pics up soon. The whole system should be running by mid week.

The tank has 120g of water in it, and is about 2/3 full.
We are leak testing, so far so good. Tank remained level over night, with the H2O in it.
We will be picking up more water today; let the aquascaping begin!