• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The 210 tank build

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We ran the RO unit pretty much non stop and filled up everything we could, but we had fish and corals in the system in the recirc tank so we could not dump in any fresh water to the system. All the water had to be salted, which made it tougher. We had to fill the 85g frag tank and 205 display so we kind of went through all of our water. Needless to say we did not have 300g of containers or salt around. We filled it today and got some rock scaped, it all looks great.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well, the setup pics look nice... but we wanna see the aquascape pics!

I'm sure you two are all giddy inside right now. :triumphant:

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
While I was at the Giants game on Sunday, Nikki did some prelim scaping with the rock we had on hand. This is not the final amount of rock and we will be adding more reef rock to fill in the back a bit. We cherry picked this rock over the course of several months, pretty much all of this came from Trop and some of the amazing branch they got. It is held together with a bunch of epoxy, we did not drill the rock. Yes we will be adding a sand bed.

photo33.jpg

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Great looking build. I'm really liking the direction you are going with the aquascape. Can't wait to see more pictures of the progress

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Sand is in and this is pretty much the final aqauscape. We got some more tonga branch for the back corner part but we are going to leave it pretty open.
DSC_2612.jpg

DSC_2614.jpg

DSC_2618.jpg

DSC_2619.jpg

DSC_2620.jpg

Right side:
DSC_2621.jpg

Left side:
DSC_2639.jpg

Couple of new live stock photos. We have not transferred everything over because we do not have the mesh cover on that, but the piece for that should be here very soon. Ethan and I are going to try something pretty cool so we will keep you all updated on that. The corals we are just letting get used to the system down in the frag tank under T5s which is where most of them came from. Once we are confident in the water quality we will adjust everything to the lights.
DSC_2615.jpg

DSC_2622.jpg

DSC_2637.jpg

We will be upgrading to the mp60 soon as well.

Last edited:
We don't have much in the display yet, but here is the current list:
One Picasso clown, one black ice clown (from the 57)
pair of yasha gobies (formerly in the 12g)
Barnacle blenny (from the 57)
sunburst anthia (from the 57)
swissguard basslet (from the 57)
angel (new!)
Cleaner goby (from the 45)
pair of cleaner shrimp (from the 45)
Fire shrimp (from the 57)
serpant star
two coco worms (from the 45)
two spiralis (from the 45)
One gorgonian (photosynthetic)
snails, hermits, and four porcelain crabs.

In the frag tank:
Pretty much all of our coral, minus the three pieces that are upstairs in the display
False Shephardi angel (formerly in the 45)
bangaii cardinal (formerly in the 45)
pair of wild caught Picasso clowns, collected in Bali (formerly in the 45)
green banded goby (from the 12g)
two trimma gobies (from the 12g)
Yellow watchman goby (from the 45g)
purple tang (new)
red linkia (from the 12g)
The angel will relocate to the display when I catch him as will the linkia; the clowns, cardinal, tang, and yellow watchman are perminantly residents of the frag tank. I would love to catch the gobies and get them back in the 12, but I think that is unlikely.

We also have a group of fish in our only covered tank, we will keep you posted when they move into the display.

We added a couple of Corals to the display this week, I moved our purple stylo mini colony and our rainbow pocilipora mini colony upstairs. I also brought up the gold torch and my little orange plate. So far, so good!We also added a 6" maxima clam (thanks Rich!) on Sunday.

Ethan was here working on the tank also, the calcium reactor is now online, the reactors are both running, and the MP40, which was quite loud (we think due to the thick glass) has been replaced with a MP60, which is significantly quieter.

very nice build so far one ? where did you get that flex pvc pipe at,i cant seem to find it thanks 18fisher

I got mine from savko.com. great price and fast delivery. you can also try flexpvc.com too.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2