• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The 210 tank build

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
DSC_5260_zpsa0a17857.jpg

DSC_5261_zpsa549ae89.jpg

DSC_5263_zpsb45aaab2.jpg

DSC_5264_zps461bf3c7.jpg

DSC_5270_zps33b9a4af.jpg
DSC_5271_zps972f121c.jpg
DSC_5273_zps68050cac.jpg

DSC_5277_zpsa66c1cbf.jpg

DSC_5278_zpsff9c690a.jpg

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Pics look great Mike are you still using the gels?
How's the de nitrifier working out, do you feel you have dialed it in? I have been really interested in seeing progress of the system. Do you also run it to remove phosphate? I have been meaning to speak to Darren about setup and cost.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Pics look great Mike are you still using the gels?
How's the de nitrifier working out, do you feel you have dialed it in? I have been really interested in seeing progress of the system. Do you also run it to remove phosphate? I have been meaning to speak to Darren about setup and cost.

These pics I actually just broke out the DSLR and took photos with that. These are raw, no editing at all (I really should get some software but I don't feel like I need the full Photoshop suite, maybe lightroom or something). The Naturereef is dialed in and is doing a great job. Our nitrates and phosphates are hovering around zero. Yes is controls both nitrates and phosphates and reach out to Darren, it will really help.

Like the zoa paradise. Must make for great viewing with the frag tank.

Thank you. The zoas are coming along really well and soon enough some will be heading for the display. We are just taking it slow.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Looking good guys! Great zoas as usual. How's the rock in the DT coming along?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Looking good guys! Great zoas as usual. How's the rock in the DT coming along?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting there. Still going through a bit of a "cycle" but the snails are cleaning it right up. I would bet within a week or two we will be ready to start transferring frags up. None of the old algae is coming back at all and our phosphates and nitrates are staying really low. Should really start to have some fun soon.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hey Mike, did you frag those Jersey Bounce Shrooms yourself or did you buy them as frags already?

I want to cut my bounce shroom but very hesitant in doing so... but its getting extremely large, bigger than my open hand.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Reefkoi bouncers, and they were a natural split. I have not cut any of my muchrooms though I know it is a valid fragging technique. Do you have the jersey bounce or the WWC bounce?

Great tank.. Do you have any custom settings for the mazarra time points? I have had the light for awhile but was looking to see what other users were doing with their settings. Thanks

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I actually replaced the mazarras with the ATI hybrid light. I just really like t5s and wanted to go back.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Reefkoi bouncers, and they were a natural split. I have not cut any of my muchrooms though I know it is a valid fragging technique. Do you have the jersey bounce or the WWC bounce?

I have the Jersey Bounce. ahh, the Reefkoi's looks very similar to the Jersey Bounce.
yeah, just hesitant to cut up the Jersey, might need to soon though.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Let me know if you do, I would be interested in a frag and I also have a saw if you need one.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
The top crowns have gone to war with the display and have come out clearly on top. The rock looks fantastic and we will start moving corals up soon. These are some quick and dirty cell phone pics just to show what the rock looks like now.
IMG_0108_zps58f1b197.jpg

IMG_0107_zps61e4bfff.jpg

IMG_0106_zps53d034a2.jpg

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Looking good. Patience is paying off. Looks like you toughed it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Got very lucky this morning and was able to capture a few photos of this guy:
IMG_0116_zps06f5e53c.jpg
IMG_0113_zpsfff5cd95.jpg