• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The 210 tank build

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Some new fish pics:
Melanarus
DSC_5429_zps4fpixupp.jpg

Red Linkia:
DSC_5431_zpskep1aigl.jpg

False Shepardi:
DSC_5434_zpsixuq47hm.jpg

Group:
DSC_5438_zpsszdqaies.jpg

Gorgonian:
DSC_5448_zpsrqfa3q5c.jpg

Anthia:
DSC_5463_zpsouezdjvk.jpg

Kemahora Blenny:
DSC_5467_zpstrhu5v0r.jpg

The clowns:
DSC_5484_zpsq11ac5ic.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Katherines fairy wrasse:
DSC_5514_zpssaqqvzuk.jpg

Golden Rhomboid:
DSC_5502_zpsf98kfiku.jpg

Katoi:
DSC_5495_zpsz40mbgia.jpg

Female Clown, one of my first fish in the hobby, had her since 2009
DSC_5487_zpsswzkmvbk.jpg

Feminus:
DSC_5530_zpsz2tuwpsz.jpg

Group:
DSC_5566_zps7oxm1zfe.jpg

Black tang which is a bugger to get a picture of:
DSC_5596_zps68eovlaq.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Everything looks really good. I love the Shepardi! Where did you get it?

That fish came from LiveAquaria in 2011, it was part of a pair and only that one survived. Obviously we have had her for a while now. So far has been coral safe which is completely random.

So as many of you know, we have been battling to keep SPS coral healthy for some time now due to alk swings.
We *seem* to be stabilizing, and have a few tester frags in the display. Cross your fingers for me that they do well!
Oh, and Mike has a new fish to share photos of with all of you- an early christmas present from me :)

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
So as many of you know, we have been battling to keep SPS coral healthy for some time now due to alk swings.
We *seem* to be stabilizing, and have a few tester frags in the display. Cross your fingers for me that they do well!
Oh, and Mike has a new fish to share photos of with all of you- an early christmas present from me :)
Good luck with the sps!! Can't wait to see the Christmas gift!

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Beautiful tank guys! I was stunned last year when I saw your tank in person. Seems to be going uphill from there.
I'm the same on the SPS, my softies and LPS are out of control, but any SPS tends to struggle - going to focus on Alk parameters over next few weeks.
Good luck and thanks for sharing. Love the Melanarus.

Beautiful tank guys! I was stunned last year when I saw your tank in person. Seems to be going uphill from there.
I'm the same on the SPS, my softies and LPS are out of control, but any SPS tends to struggle - going to focus on Alk parameters over next few weeks.
Good luck and thanks for sharing. Love the Melanarus.
Thank you!
I love the Melanarus too. I'm pretty sure that is the only wrasse in the tank that I picked out :)

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Sunday funday in tank land. We were busy last weekend so a bunch of stuff got pushed to today which was not big deal, it was just tank time. We siphoned the frag tank and our refugium out, cleaned the skimmer and some reactors, and took care of some frags in the frag tank. We had a group of four cooperi anthias in our fuge that we were conditioning down there before we added them to the display. They were eating really well and fat and healthy so we made that move today. Snapped some pictures along the way, some corals and some fish:

Corals from the frag tank:

Baby Bounce:
DSC_5598_zpsm9lvqorp.jpg

Cool shrooms:
DSC_5599_zps93znsty5.jpg

More cool shrooms:
DSC_5603_zpsiyx5pjf5.jpg

Even more cool shrooms:
DSC_5605_zpsvj6ya8fy.jpg

Mama bounce withe baby bounce:
DSC_5600_zps64eafnas.jpg

Our new guys:
DSC_5611_zpshez2nslb.jpg

DSC_5627_zpsayiyjvpt.jpg

DSC_5615_zpssyho49fy.jpg

This was our angel coming in to break up the party and let everyone know he is still boss:
DSC_5619_zps6192sgvn.jpg

Cf. Lancelotus:
DSC_5621_zpsubegrh18.jpg

Feminus:
DSC_5631_zps3hmnreh4.jpg

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Looking great guys!!! That's a hell of a shroom collection and that feminus wrasse is amazing!!

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Man. That flame is bossy. So funny how they all established different pecking orders. My anthias will chase mine occasionally.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Yeah, the wrasses are especially funny when it comes to pecking order because it changes as they do. The cf. lancelotus was the most dominant now it is the c. katherines.