• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The 210 tank build

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Time for some more fishy pics. We got the artful acrylic top so we are finally good to go with putting some more fish in without having to fear jumpers:

DSC_5851_zpsp7vbxo6r.jpg

DSC_5853_zps0wmd39m2.jpg

DSC_5875_zps6odspkba.jpg

DSC_5892_zpsrfyjqcxg.jpg

DSC_5878_zpstw3ywyo9.jpg

DSC_5879_zpsoiszw1sf.jpg

Wow, we haven't updated this thread in almost 4 years. Holy heck.

So, the tank is still running. Definitely has gone through some ups and downs. We were back to growing SPS after losing the bandit angels, only to have a battle with dinos. Two blackouts later (during COVID no less), and we seem to have rounded the corner. I'll see if I can get some photos later this evening for a very overdue update.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Bummer about the bandits but happy to hear the tanks still running! Nice to see you guys back around. Good luck with the Dinos.

radiata

NJRC Member
The dinos did come back, but a second treatment appears to have been successful (we think).
How is the tang doing?

Nikki,

The tang is physically fine, but a little flighty, probably caused by being the only fish in a 90G.

Bob

radiata

NJRC Member
Hi Nikki,

My aging cerebral cortex occasionally has problems finding exactly the "right" word, which is what some people on the dyslexia continuum frequently experience. I still haven't found the word I was searching for when I used "flighty"- I just recollect it probably also started with the letter "f". I'll let you know what the word is if I ever connect to it in my brain. People on the continuum with the same problem typically find a word with a similar, but imperfect meaning. In my case "flighty" is actually an interesting word substitution, meaning, in effect, that the tang takes flight whenever it sees me. Hmmm... maybe the word "flighty" will make it into the reef aquarist's lexicon!

Looking forward to you hosting the May 2021 meeting...

Ciao and regards to the spouse,
Bob

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Alright, trying not to let 4 years lapse between posts and trying to keep this up to date. After the dino battle we seem to be in the clear. The much longer blackout seems to have done the trick, we were also dosing the algae barn supplements to help along the way. Some of the corals that were in rough shape have come back. and are even starting to grow again. Having a little battle with aiptasia but I think that is part of owning a reef tank. Picked up a copperband butterfly and some peppermints to help keep it in control and they seem to be doing a pretty good job with the little guys. Have to hit the tank with some F aiptasia, that stuff does work for the bigger ones and hopefully the natural predators will keep in under control. Will post some pics in a little bit.

radiata

NJRC Member
Mike,

Who did you get the Tear Drop Clam from? I haven't seen any live ones in NJ - just pics on Pacific East Aquaculture.

Bob