• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The 210 tank build

john90009

NJRC Member
For tanks that don’t have a lot of fish waste like mine the reef energy helps a lot. My tanks always low nutrients however if I stray away from dosing the reef energy now that the corals are growing and using it as soon as it goes In the levels will fall flat so once the corals grow like crazy you have to keep it up and don’t try to overdo it.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Matt, Does your tank have sand or is it kinda bare bottom?
Just checked out the thread. WOW. Lots going on there. Keep it up. Looking good.
We have sand but have been kind of slowly taking it out. The problem is that it became a nutrient trap in our system and was keeping our nitrates and phosphates high. This is due to just having one overflow so waste doesn't get moved out of the tank fast enough.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
For tanks that don’t have a lot of fish waste like mine the reef energy helps a lot. My tanks always low nutrients however if I stray away from dosing the reef energy now that the corals are growing and using it as soon as it goes In the levels will fall flat so once the corals grow like crazy you have to keep it up and don’t try to overdo it.
For our tank size, we are kind of understocked so I agree this helps a lot. We will be keeping an eye on nutrient levels, we are still dosing a bit below recommended and will probably keep it that way.

erics210

NJRC Member
For our tank size, we are kind of understocked so I agree this helps a lot. We will be keeping an eye on nutrient levels, we are still dosing a bit below recommended and will probably keep it that way.
Reason I asked is I am bare bottom because of the red sea s series back to front flows, all my sand was pushed away from the front so removed it.

radiata

NJRC Member
mnat,

A Gramma dejongi hanging out with them would make a great photo!

Regards to you and your spouse,..
Bob

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Looking good guys!!! Still have the frag tank in the basement too?