• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Hi my name is Eric Rodriguez came from the Dominican republic seven years ago .I’ve been living in New Jersey five years in Bergen county. Working for Amazon for 4 years. I have been in saltwater for around 2 years my first tank 150 gallons Which I don’t have any more. now is a 35 gallons and have this one for around 8 months..
Welcome aboard Eric So cool of you to join us you are going to really enjoy this website if there’s anything you ever need to know I’m sure you will find the answer from somebody here but don’t ask me I’m a reef virgin

Hi Everybody.
I am Elvis Martínez, NJ born, raised in the Caribbean Sea, and missing every moment away from it. I grew up near a stream full of guppies and Coquí (miniature frogs). My friends and I would trade Bettas, Guppies, Gouramies, Swordtails, and more.
Fast forward several decades. I moved back to NJ and I started my first reef tank with the vision of a waterfall cascading onto floating rocks. I made the tank (90 gallons) but the salt creep obstructed the effect. To me, it was a partial victory.
I now have a 29 gallon tank, which is a temporary home for the animals that survived the leak due to silicone failure of my 65 gallon tank (a few Clowns, several zoas, a yellow-head Goby, 4 emerald crabs, 2 rock anemones, and 3 baby BTA.
I have at hand a 47 gallon cube that I will build soon as a floating reef and anemone tank. I will document the process and post it here.
I started reading this forum several months ago and would like to acknowledge everyone who gives their knowledge and experience anonymously (relatively) without expecting anything in return. I hope to humbly pass on as much empirical information as I can as well.

Hi my name is Eric Rodriguez came from the Dominican republic seven years ago .I’ve been living in New Jersey five years in Bergen county. Working for Amazon for 4 years. I have been in saltwater for around 2 years my first tank 150 gallons Which I don’t have any more. now is a 35 gallons and have this one for around 8 months..

Eric, great meeting you yesterday. Eric, Elvis, and Albert, welcome to the club, and happy reefing!

Hi Everybody.
I am Elvis Martínez, NJ born, raised in the Caribbean Sea, and missing every moment away from it. I grew up near a stream full of guppies and Coquí (miniature frogs). My friends and I would trade Bettas, Guppies, Gouramies, Swordtails, and more.
Fast forward several decades. I moved back to NJ and I started my first reef tank with the vision of a waterfall cascading onto floating rocks. I made the tank (90 gallons) but the salt creep obstructed the effect. To me, it was a partial victory.
I now have a 29 gallon tank, which is a temporary home for the animals that survived the leak due to silicone failure of my 65 gallon tank (a few Clowns, several zoas, a yellow-head Goby, 4 emerald crabs, 2 rock anemones, and 3 baby BTA.
I have at hand a 47 gallon cube that I will build soon as a floating reef and anemone tank. I will document the process and post it here.
I started reading this forum several months ago and would like to acknowledge everyone who gives their knowledge and experience anonymously (relatively) without expecting anything in return. I hope to humbly pass on as much empirical information as I can as well.
Welcome aboard brother and glad ur here,, this site is full of awesome people, I’m sure you will fit in
I got married by Elvis in Vegas 26yrs ago

Jamie S

NJRC Member
Hello everyone, my name is Jamie Smith and I just happened to stumble across this site and happy I did! I’ve lived in NJ my entire life growing up on the shore in Manasquan. Growing up my parents were never into fish keeping but I had a friend who’s family had a corner freshwater tank and would sit there for hours looking at it.
Fast forward to 10 years ago when I bought my first freshwater tank. I had it for a few years but was always attracted to the colors of marine tanks so I took the plunge and converted the 55 gallon to salt. I had it for about 2 years and had many failures with it and between job change and my daughter being born I just didn’t have the time to invest in it.
And now I’m back in it but reading and learning a lot more than before. I bought a 32 gallon biocube last month with the intention on building a 120 gallon system hopefully in a year or so if I can become successful with this tank.
I currently live in Manalapan with my beautiful wife, 4 year old daughter and 13 year old step daughter. My 4 year old is obsessed with the tank just as I am and I only have 2 clowns in it now lol.

Welcome Jamie S. We all look forward to your build and wish you the best of luck. This is a great place to get answers to the many questions you will have. They have certainly helped me on my travels thru this intricate hobby