• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Hello all

My name is Niral Patel. Born and raised in NJ, specifically Parsippany

Currently own 2 Waterbox aquariums

20 gallon Nano reef all in one

135 Gallon FOWLR
Niral my brother welcome aboard to a wonderful website, you will truly enjoy it here the peeps are awesome

Hello! My name is Achint,

I am just starting on my saltwater journey I have had freshwater for almost my whole life and have 8 running right now! As well as my first saltwater tank its a 20 gallon standard with a ~20 gallon sump I got for free on craigslist (talk about lucky). I'm located in Matawan and excited to get more involved in the aquarium community here in NJ.

Hello! My name is Achint,

I am just starting on my saltwater journey I have had freshwater for almost my whole life and have 8 running right now! As well as my first saltwater tank its a 20 gallon standard with a ~20 gallon sump I got for free on craigslist (talk about lucky). I'm located in Matawan and excited to get more involved in the aquarium community here in NJ.
Yo yo yo Monmouth in the house,, Welcome Aboard brother. If your just getting into saltwater aquariums I suggest you RUN away fast while you still have money. Hahaha lol I’m sure you’re a smart person because you did first thing right. You joined this site, you’ll love it here the people are always willing to help and give you advice. They are a Awesome bunch of reef peeps, I would never have a tank if it weren’t for the help of these great folks here

Hi Everyone. My name is Mike and I’m from Rockaway (Northern NJ). Found you guys through rerf2reef. Growing up we had freshwater tanks off and on. It was probably around 15 years ago I got into saltwater reef tanks and had a small 29 gallon tank. Two years in I moved and the tank didn’t make it. Then I got married, had kids, etc....

I’m back now though. Currently have a 75 gallon tank that really doesn’t have adequate lighting for anything other than the hardiest of corals. My plan is to upgrade the lighting in about a year and then convert it to a mixed reef tank. The up front cost for everything was higher than we budgeted (of course) so we decided to set it up as a reef tank but not really add to many corals for about a year, when we will upgrade the lighting.

Looking forward to meeting some other local reefers and continue to learn from this awesome community!

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Everyone. My name is Mike and I’m from Rockaway (Northern NJ). Found you guys through rerf2reef. Growing up we had freshwater tanks off and on. It was probably around 15 years ago I got into saltwater reef tanks and had a small 29 gallon tank. Two years in I moved and the tank didn’t make it. Then I got married, had kids, etc....

I’m back now though. Currently have a 75 gallon tank that really doesn’t have adequate lighting for anything other than the hardiest of corals. My plan is to upgrade the lighting in about a year and then convert it to a mixed reef tank. The up front cost for everything was higher than we budgeted (of course) so we decided to set it up as a reef tank but not really add to many corals for about a year, when we will upgrade the lighting.

Looking forward to meeting some other local reefers and continue to learn from this awesome community!
Welcome

Salted

NJRC Member

You probably won't get any much more local than me, my son and I are new reefers right next to you in Denville. Due to not doing enough research first we currently have an improperly stocked 55g the will be separated into a 55g mixed reef (will be taken over by me) and a 75g predator tank run by my son. Feel free to pm to meet.

Blue Tang and a Yellow Tang. My tank is basically Finding Nemo 3 lol. Also got some more CUC and a blue tuxedo urchin

Had to pick up some frags too. My lights suck. Finnex Marine SE. Got a finger leather and a toadstool. Have them both up higher in the tank and the seem to be getting comfortable.

Hello all,

My name is Josh and I'm from South Jersey (Mt. Holly area EXIT 5). I was born and raised here in NJ. I am new to the forums and never been in a club like this before. I have been in the saltwater part of this hobby for 13/14 years. Prior to that I was all freshwater, consisting of fish, frogs, and turtles. Currently I have a 210 gallon FOWLR tank I built into the wall. Its plumbed through the floor to my garage where I have a 75 gallon sump and two 40 breeders. I built this system 5 years ago and about 2 months ago I removed everything redid some stuff and put it all back in. I'm going to using one of the 40 breeders as a quarantine tank and the second as a frag tank. I am completely addicted to this hobby and as my wife says.... I have a serious problem!

I'm excited to be part of the club and look forward to being a member.

Attachments

• IMG_4253.JPEG
    IMG_4253.JPEG
    648.9 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to NJRC @JReef85! This is Fishface NJ from R2R. I love the rocks! Where did you find them? I can't find those anymore
Most of it is pukani from BRS. I ordered 200 pounds like 5 years ago when I set this up. The rest is rock from a seller in Florida. Forget what it’s called but in his pictures he shows a ton of pencils going through it.