• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Hi Everybody!

My name Kris born and raised in West New York, NJ. I'm a 6th Science Teacher at local elementary school.

Just got into the Hobby (Newbie). A friend recommended to the forum. (Delxcmb)

I'm excited to start this new hobby, and hopefully one day incorporate it into my Science Class for my students.

I have a 30 Gallon Tank with 5 Gallon Sump. Overflow Box, Running 2 Power Heads 1000 gal and 500 gal.

Currently on my 3rd week of Cycling with Live Rock, Live Sand, and 2 Clown Fish.

Any Help or Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_6740.jpg
    IMG_6740.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6857.jpg
    IMG_6857.jpg
    839.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6859.jpg
    IMG_6859.jpg
    802.2 KB · Views: 4
Hi Everyone. My name is Mike and I’m from Rockaway (Northern NJ). Found you guys through rerf2reef. Growing up we had freshwater tanks off and on. It was probably around 15 years ago I got into saltwater reef tanks and had a small 29 gallon tank. Two years in I moved and the tank didn’t make it. Then I got married, had kids, etc....

I’m back now though. Currently have a 75 gallon tank that really doesn’t have adequate lighting for anything other than the hardiest of corals. My plan is to upgrade the lighting in about a year and then convert it to a mixed reef tank. The up front cost for everything was higher than we budgeted (of course) so we decided to set it up as a reef tank but not really add to many corals for about a year, when we will upgrade the lighting.

Looking forward to meeting some other local reefers and continue to learn from this awesome community!
Mikey brother back to the hobby good for you, r2r is a great site and this one is just as nice if not lil better,, only say that because I feel we are a tighter community because we’re all in the same state as to being spread all over the world. It makes it easier for us to get together, help each other out, there’s tons of deals , equipment, coral ect ect offers and is pretty much easy to pick up in just a lil drive
But the main thing here are the size of the hearts off NJRC community, these people actually care about your success with your tank
Welcome aboard

Hello all,

My name is Josh and I'm from South Jersey (Mt. Holly area EXIT 5). I was born and raised here in NJ. I am new to the forums and never been in a club like this before. I have been in the saltwater part of this hobby for 13/14 years. Prior to that I was all freshwater, consisting of fish, frogs, and turtles. Currently I have a 210 gallon FOWLR tank I built into the wall. Its plumbed through the floor to my garage where I have a 75 gallon sump and two 40 breeders. I built this system 5 years ago and about 2 months ago I removed everything redid some stuff and put it all back in. I'm going to using one of the 40 breeders as a quarantine tank and the second as a frag tank. I am completely addicted to this hobby and as my wife says.... I have a serious problem!

I'm excited to be part of the club and look forward to being a member.
Josh dude you got the bug brother ,, cool worse things to be addicted to haha
Welcome aboard,, this community truly want to see you succeed in reffing much luck with your adventure. Oh by the way,,pics pics pics get em posted

Hello all,

My name is Josh and I'm from South Jersey (Mt. Holly area EXIT 5). I was born and raised here in NJ. I am new to the forums and never been in a club like this before. I have been in the saltwater part of this hobby for 13/14 years. Prior to that I was all freshwater, consisting of fish, frogs, and turtles. Currently I have a 210 gallon FOWLR tank I built into the wall. Its plumbed through the floor to my garage where I have a 75 gallon sump and two 40 breeders. I built this system 5 years ago and about 2 months ago I removed everything redid some stuff and put it all back in. I'm going to using one of the 40 breeders as a quarantine tank and the second as a frag tank. I am completely addicted to this hobby and as my wife says.... I have a serious problem!

I'm excited to be part of the club and look forward to being a member.
Hi Everybody!

My name Kris born and raised in West New York, NJ. I'm a 6th Science Teacher at local elementary school.

Just got into the Hobby (Newbie). A friend recommended to the forum. (Delxcmb)

I'm excited to start this new hobby, and hopefully one day incorporate it into my Science Class for my students.

I have a 30 Gallon Tank with 5 Gallon Sump. Overflow Box, Running 2 Power Heads 1000 gal and 500 gal.

Currently on my 3rd week of Cycling with Live Rock, Live Sand, and 2 Clown Fish.

Any Help or Suggestions are greatly appreciated!
kris,, welcome aboard the website, my wife is a teacher also,, anyway good luck with your tank I’m sure you’ll be fine. The people in this community are awesome and always willing to help and give advice with the intention of helping you succeed in reefing

Hello NJ reefers! My name is Rick and I currently reside in Whippany, NJ. After a 10 year break, I jumped back into the hobby in January with a 20 gallon cube. With relative short term success (I know it's only been 8 months!), I came across a deal on a IM 20 gallon peninsula tank and will be starting a new build. Current-USA marine orbic IC lights on the the way and I am looking for ideas. I look forward to interacting and learning from all of you.

Hello NJ reefers! My name is Rick and I currently reside in Whippany, NJ. After a 10 year break, I jumped back into the hobby in January with a 20 gallon cube. With relative short term success (I know it's only been 8 months!), I came across a deal on a IM 20 gallon peninsula tank and will be starting a new build. Current-USA marine orbic IC lights on the the way and I am looking for ideas. I look forward to interacting and learning from all of you.

Welcome, I'm right down the street from Whippany! Look forward to meeting you.

Yo Ricky my brother Welcome Aboard nj reefers, great people here always willing to help and give advice with the common goal of helping you succeed in reefing. It’s an awesome community you’ll definitely like the people

Greetings Everyone!

My name is Leon and I've been living in NJ a little over a year now -- came out from Philadelphia to get some space and some scenery :) I'm the Chief Technology Officer for a law firm with offices in Philadelphia, Cherry Hill, Roseland, State College, and Manhattan. My home in the farmland of Southampton (and my row home in Philly before that) has become a little zoo over the years, the family currently includes:
3 dogs, 2 rats, 1 ball python, 1 African Grey Parrot, and a small freshwater tank that is home to a betta, 2 corys and 2 snails. Oh, and my husband of course.

I'm currently in the process of ordering the parts and building my first saltwater tank! I was directed to NJ Reefers from Reef 2 Reef. I'm very happy that there is an active community around reefing in NJ. I always find that my most successful endeavors in life are those where community is there for knowledge, support, and fun. I have a build thread going on Reef2Reef but I'll post one here with the hope of getting some help a little closer to home. As far as LFS I have been haunting the Aquatic Center and Hidden Reef. I also dragged my husband on a long trip to Coral Lust -- great place but way to far for a local store. Am I missing any other LFS gems in NJ?

Greetings Everyone!

My name is Leon and I've been living in NJ a little over a year now -- came out from Philadelphia to get some space and some scenery :) I'm the Chief Technology Officer for a law firm with offices in Philadelphia, Cherry Hill, Roseland, State College, and Manhattan. My home in the farmland of Southampton (and my row home in Philly before that) has become a little zoo over the years, the family currently includes:
3 dogs, 2 rats, 1 ball python, 1 African Grey Parrot, and a small freshwater tank that is home to a betta, 2 corys and 2 snails. Oh, and my husband of course.

I'm currently in the process of ordering the parts and building my first saltwater tank! I was directed to NJ Reefers from Reef 2 Reef. I'm very happy that there is an active community around reefing in NJ. I always find that my most successful endeavors in life are those where community is there for knowledge, support, and fun. I have a build thread going on Reef2Reef but I'll post one here with the hope of getting some help a little closer to home. As far as LFS I have been haunting the Aquatic Center and Hidden Reef. I also dragged my husband on a long trip to Coral Lust -- great place but way to far for a local store. Am I missing any other LFS gems in NJ?
Don’t forget to post pics of your menagerie when you attach the build thread. Many of us have many other animals as well. Best of luck... I look forward to following the thread

Don’t forget to post pics of your menagerie when you attach the build thread. Many of us have many other animals as well. Best of luck... I look forward to following the thread
Awesome another addition to our aquarium community, you will love the people here, they are always willing to help and give advice hoping you’ll succeed in building your new tank