• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Jamie S

NJRC Member
Welcome Jamie S. We all look forward to your build and wish you the best of luck. This is a great place to get answers to the many questions you will have. They have certainly helped me on my travels thru this intricate hobby
Thank you, I look forward to seeing everyone’s build and learning from people who know a lot more than me.

Salted

NJRC Member
Hi NJ Reefers, I'm here on behalf of my 16 y/o son who has recently delved into the saltwater aquarium hobby. I had fresh water tropicals as a teen and never went beyond that. I've always admired saltwater tanks but couldn't dedicate the time and money. So now I will enjoy it through him. He decided on this new hobby a couple of months ago and has set up a 55g tank. Since I'm interested I started reading and looking on craigslist and found someone selling clownfish. I contacted the seller and treated my son to his first fish, a pair of snowflake clowns. Turns out the seller is a member here, Wilson, and he gave me the nj reefers heads up. So here I am, trying to help an impetuous teen along.

Salted

NJRC Member
Welcome on board... You are at the best place right now there is a lot of people here who is willing to help them provide information about pretty much anything about Reef keeping...:)
Thanks, I assumed so. Now it's just getting him to join in. In the mean time I'm here and have picked up a copy of Robert Metelskys' Simplified Reef keeping for myself. I love to read. I have a feeling I'm in this now. Either he'll move out someday and move on to a bigger tank and leave me this one, or he'll loose interest and I'll finally commit to this and take it over. Whatever I learn will help either way.

Hello everyone, my name is Jamie Smith and I just happened to stumble across this site and happy I did! I’ve lived in NJ my entire life growing up on the shore in Manasquan. Growing up my parents were never into fish keeping but I had a friend who’s family had a corner freshwater tank and would sit there for hours looking at it.
Fast forward to 10 years ago when I bought my first freshwater tank. I had it for a few years but was always attracted to the colors of marine tanks so I took the plunge and converted the 55 gallon to salt. I had it for about 2 years and had many failures with it and between job change and my daughter being born I just didn’t have the time to invest in it.
And now I’m back in it but reading and learning a lot more than before. I bought a 32 gallon biocube last month with the intention on building a 120 gallon system hopefully in a year or so if I can become successful with this tank.
I currently live in Manalapan with my beautiful wife, 4 year old daughter and 13 year old step daughter. My 4 year old is obsessed with the tank just as I am and I only have 2 clowns in it now lol.
Welcome Jamie. Keep us posted with your build!

Hello everyone, my name is Jamie Smith and I just happened to stumble across this site and happy I did! I’ve lived in NJ my entire life growing up on the shore in Manasquan. Growing up my parents were never into fish keeping but I had a friend who’s family had a corner freshwater tank and would sit there for hours looking at it.
Fast forward to 10 years ago when I bought my first freshwater tank. I had it for a few years but was always attracted to the colors of marine tanks so I took the plunge and converted the 55 gallon to salt. I had it for about 2 years and had many failures with it and between job change and my daughter being born I just didn’t have the time to invest in it.
And now I’m back in it but reading and learning a lot more than before. I bought a 32 gallon biocube last month with the intention on building a 120 gallon system hopefully in a year or so if I can become successful with this tank.
I currently live in Manalapan with my beautiful wife, 4 year old daughter and 13 year old step daughter. My 4 year old is obsessed with the tank just as I am and I only have 2 clowns in it now lol.
Yo yo yo Jamie welcome aboard brother, you will really love this site, there are so many cool people here willing to help and give advice, the reef peeps here are very generous and helpful, extremely friendly,,, don’t hesitate to ask any questions, someone here will be able to help.
Good luck with tank

Welcome Jamie. Lot of us here in Monmouth. I started following this site about six months before I set up my first marine tank three years ago and now I’m working on my upgrade as well. Great information to be found here. Good luck!

Hi NJ Reefers, I'm here on behalf of my 16 y/o son who has recently delved into the saltwater aquarium hobby. I had fresh water tropicals as a teen and never went beyond that. I've always admired saltwater tanks but couldn't dedicate the time and money. So now I will enjoy it through him. He decided on this new hobby a couple of months ago and has set up a 55g tank. Since I'm interested I started reading and looking on craigslist and found someone selling clownfish. I contacted the seller and treated my son to his first fish, a pair of snowflake clowns. Turns out the seller is a member here, Wilson, and he gave me the nj reefers heads up. So here I am, trying to help an impetuous teen along.
Welcome aboard Salted. I am sure you and your son will have a blast in your joint endeavor. Keep us posted with your build!