• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Hi.. My Name is Arun. got into reef tanks while in college and have had one ever since.. Me and the wife are having a baby so just moved to Edison,NJ from NYC.. living in NYC and moving apartments only made it possible to have nano tanks.. now finally have a big enough permanent space .. so i am excited to explore a bigger setup.. I am really looking forward to get advice from the reefers group here and hopefully meet many and see your setup and get inspiration.. cheers

Hi.. My Name is Arun. got into reef tanks while in college and have had one ever since.. Me and the wife are having a baby so just moved to Edison,NJ from NYC.. living in NYC and moving apartments only made it possible to have nano tanks.. now finally have a big enough permanent space .. so i am excited to explore a bigger setup.. I am really looking forward to get advice from the reefers group here and hopefully meet many and see your setup and get inspiration.. cheers
So what do you have in mind. What’s your idea of a “bigger” set up. You should start a tale of the tank. And chronicle your progress. It’s a great place to ask questions specifically about your set up and keep them all in one place for reference.

Hello all,
My name is Dustin. I live in south Louisiana but work up here in NJ. I am a moderator for one of our forums back home Bayoureefkeeping.com. We put on MACNA a few years back in New Orleans and it was a blast. My wife and I worked our asses off at the raffle table all weekend. Anyways, my relief and I decided to start a small office tank up here while we are away from home. I went out and bought a Fluval EVO 5. Love the dimensions of this little tank. Will look great in my room once it's all up and going. My tank back home is in the makings of being put up as well. My love in the hobby is the coral. So that tank will be strictly for grow out and trading. It's an 80 gallon low profile 4x2x16 low profile tank. I am a huge fan of DIY stuff and do a lot of home made stuff on my tanks. So thats a little about myself. Looking forward to getting to know some of you guys.
If you start a Tale of the tank you can post pics of your current set up. And show us some of those DIY’s. I love to see what other Reefers come up with. Reefing is a community larger than just our specific area. It’s nice that you hoped on to our little forum. While working away. Welcome. And best of luck.

So what do you have in mind. What’s your idea of a “bigger” set up. You should start a tale of the tank. And chronicle your progress. It’s a great place to ask questions specifically about your set up and keep them all in one place for reference.
Hi @Sponge Thank you for the comments.. i am considering a 40-50 gallon setup.. I will start a tale of the tank post soon.. i am going over the forum posts to see how others have done it and what i can learn from it. I will chronicle my progress and will appreciate all your feedback.

Hello all,
My name is Dustin. I live in south Louisiana but work up here in NJ. I am a moderator for one of our forums back home Bayoureefkeeping.com. We put on MACNA a few years back in New Orleans and it was a blast. My wife and I worked our asses off at the raffle table all weekend. Anyways, my relief and I decided to start a small office tank up here while we are away from home. I went out and bought a Fluval EVO 5. Love the dimensions of this little tank. Will look great in my room once it's all up and going. My tank back home is in the makings of being put up as well. My love in the hobby is the coral. So that tank will be strictly for grow out and trading. It's an 80 gallon low profile 4x2x16 low profile tank. I am a huge fan of DIY stuff and do a lot of home made stuff on my tanks. So thats a little about myself. Looking forward to getting to know some of you guys.
Welcome aboard brother, this is an awesome community of reef peeps, will always be there to help out give advice and help you succeed in reefing,, also always a lot of great deals at fair prices and bunch of different things for free

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
capital As always comma i'm a lame tang in this forum comma and with the amount of help this community has given me comma I'm ashamed period comma new line
capital
Plus these new people are missing out on all my wit comma levity comma intelligence comma good looks comma and general insert quote wowness end quote when I don't post comma it's just not right period new line
capital
So comma capital Welcome aboard new people from the smartest guy in the crew comma capital Mark capital C comma capital I'm all over this stuff period end
ok babe i used that old school voice thing we got to show how cool i am on the welcome message in the njrc the new folks are going to think i rock what yeah i think its off i hit the button i dont know it might still be going how do i turn it off i think no thats not it oh wait no arrrgh i'm ready to just pull the plug what i don't care if i break it i'm pulling the fu

Hi all - my name is Gabe and I live in Maplewood. I started my first saltwater tank about 20 years ago and have been in several different clubs and forums since then. I was in the military after college and moved across the country a few times (with tanks). Met a lot of friends along the way from the hobby and hope to do the same here once things get back to normal. We just recently moved to the area and I started up a new tank over the summer. I will create a build thread here shortly.