• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Jamie S

NJRC Member
Hello guys,
My name is Miguel and I recently joined NJRC. I currently live in Toms River and been reefing for around almost 3 years. I would say this year I finally learned numerous of things about the hobby but you realize you never stop learning since their is always something new. The post is pretty late and my lights are off now but once the lights comes on, I will sure add a picture of my nano! I’m happy to have joined the club and look forward to meeting you guys! Thanks
Welcome Miguel

Hello guys,
My name is Miguel and I recently joined NJRC. I currently live in Toms River and been reefing for around almost 3 years. I would say this year I finally learned numerous of things about the hobby but you realize you never stop learning since their is always something new. The post is pretty late and my lights are off now but once the lights comes on, I will sure add a picture of my nano! I’m happy to have joined the club and look forward to meeting you guys! Thanks
My brother welcome to our community of reefers I’m sure you won’t regret joining,, awesome people who are always willing to help and give advice

Salted

NJRC Member
Hi all - my name is Gabe and I live in Maplewood. I started my first saltwater tank about 20 years ago and have been in several different clubs and forums since then. I was in the military after college and moved across the country a few times (with tanks). Met a lot of friends along the way from the hobby and hope to do the same here once things get back to normal. We just recently moved to the area and I started up a new tank over the summer. I will create a build thread here shortly.
Welcome @gabe. Your not to far from me (Denville). You mentioned coral in another post and you have some good member choices not far. Reach out to @Omgnotyouagain and @Aescobar422 . I've dealt with both and highly recommend them.

D

Deleted member 27248

Hey guys,
My name is Ryan and I just signed up to the forum. I started my first reef tank in 2011 and disassembled it when I moved to south jersey in 2015. It was a 36 bow front with a 40 sump.

I started a new tank in August 2020 in my new house. It is a 90 with a 40 sump. I ended up buying someone liverock and water to jumpstart and seed the tank.

i build the stand from scratch, as well as the sump, and plumbing. For lighting I bought a 6 bulb t5 fixture off Amazon for 100$. I ended up
Removing the center 2 bulbs and installed a current USA reef light. So now I am running 4 t5 and LED.

very excited to be back in the hobby. Everyday I learn something new.

thanks!

Attachments

• 8E42B912-C4EA-41E2-AA28-E87A32BE200D.jpeg
    8E42B912-C4EA-41E2-AA28-E87A32BE200D.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 941AC79C-B25F-41AF-B297-A7FC2B497474.png
    941AC79C-B25F-41AF-B297-A7FC2B497474.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 15