• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Hi
I'm Brian I have a 40 gallon bowfront reef tank that I drilled and a 20 gallon sump. I have gotten the algae under control and haven't had a red green or brown or bubble problem in a year although i get some hair algae that i tooth brush off every two weeks but its not a lot . I haven't had a mass extinction event in my tank for a few years or killed off a coral in a while so think I'm out of the beginner stage. . I just set up 10 gallon frag tank and am going to try to frag some of my corals now that they are getting bigger because well you know things are going well in the tank and now i gotta mess with that so ill need some guidance.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 9
Greetings from Toms River everyone!

Call me Chris. I work as a mechanical engineer and love doing home projects on my 3D printer and a friends CNC.

I'm currently in my research phase. I'm trying to read through as much as I can in this forum before I pull the trigger on anything. My goal is to keep a nano reef around 30-60 gallons. I have around 4 years experience in a 30 gallon freshwater system. Ideally I can find something reef ready or close to reef ready.

VR,
K9Chris

Hello every body, my name's Julio and im from Bloomfield Nj, im fairly new to the reef hobbie, i have a 60 gallon tank with 4 clown fish, 1 lawnmower goby and 1 yellow tail damsel, also have a few coral frags, also some snails, coral bandit shrimp and a emerald crab, i have this tank since Oct and so far so good, i hope i could learn much more in this forum, thanks guys and happy reefing.

Hey everyone,

Name is Steve. Born and raised in Burlington County (Mt Holly) currently in Atlantic County (Hammonton). Always have been interested in marine life, recently (September 2020) started a nano reef with the Fluval Flex 32.5 Saltwater edition. Made a bunch of mods on it to better suite marine life. Came to njreefers.org just to join in on some discussions, maybe ask some questions, maybe answer some questions about nano reefs, whatever. Just stopping in to say hi as I saw the introduction post.

D

Deleted member 27248

Hey everyone,

Name is Steve. Born and raised in Burlington County (Mt Holly) currently in Atlantic County (Hammonton). Always have been interested in marine life, recently (September 2020) started a nano reef with the Fluval Flex 32.5 Saltwater edition. Made a bunch of mods on it to better suite marine life. Came to njreefers.org just to join in on some discussions, maybe ask some questions, maybe answer some questions about nano reefs, whatever. Just stopping in to say hi as I saw the introduction post.
Finally another member in Atlantic county!
Welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello fellow reefers. Happy Friday. Just introducing myself as a new member. Former reefer who just got back into the hobby after a 8 year hiatus. I am starting out small with a Red Sea Reefer Nano sps dominant tank. Nothing to brag about yet as my beauties are just starting to encrust and take off. I live in Medford Lakes. I probably did the original sin of starting my sps too soon but luckily I have kept things reasonable stable and my corals havent suffered!! Anyway, glad to be part of the community and looking forward to connecting EB3B7665-24C9-4AD2-85D6-9624D29D6D97.jpeg