• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Hi my name is David. I had a 120 gallon tank a while ago but unfortunately had to get rid of it. I am going to be putting together a 90 gallon mixed reef tank. I live in Hazlet. Looking forward to being a part of this group.
Just great! Another 'Southie/ beachie'- just kidding, great to have you on 'board'

Hey Everyone, Tom here. No Im not trolling for viewers! I do have a youtube reefing channel, but if you watch it, you will see Im not your typical youtuber. I'm 61 years of age, going on 13 at times. haha. My channel is directed toward beginners. I’ve been keeping reefs since 1995. Born and raised in Rockaway NJ. I saw the thread where there was a party in Bridgewater, and thought I would go! Im looking for tanks to feature on my channel. I do a series call Reef Tanks Around The World and have not featured anyone from NJ yet!! Anyway, Nice to meet everyone. if you are interested in getting your tank featured, let me know! OH! and I'll need directions to the party! Go NJ!:)

Last edited:

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Hey Everyone, Tom here. No Im not trolling for viewers! I do have a youtube reefing channel, but if you watch it, you will see I not your typical youtuber. I'm 61 years of age, going on 13 at times. haha. My channel is directed toward beginners. I saw the thread where there was a party in Bridgewater, and thought I would go! Im looking for tanks to feature on my channel. I do a series call Reef Tanks Around The World and have not featured anyone from NJ yet!! I also thought I joined the NJRC a year ago? They billed my bank $12.99 a week or so ago. Maybe I need to upgrade? I don't see a member badge under may avatar. :confused: Anyway, Nice to meet everyone. If anyone can help me figure out the join issue that would be appreciated. And if you are interested in getting your tank featured, let me know! OH! and I'll need directions to the party! Go NJ!:)
So, my bad. Welcome to the club

DYIguy

NJRC Member
NP DYIguy! I will make a point to participate more in the club. :dance:
You'll have to excuse me, I'm a real skeptic on people that come out of the blue with youtube channels and haven't posted anything in the last year- Not everyone has as much free time as me- glad to have you 'on board'- I'm sure you'll be a great add to the group

You'll have to excuse me, I'm a real skeptic on people that come out of the blue with youtube channels and haven't posted anything in the last year- Not everyone has as much free time as me- glad to have you 'on board'- I'm sure you'll be a great add to the group
I understand, the out of the blue thing was due to the fact that I forgot I was a member, until I saw my PayPal statement. Haha. It prompted me to investigate. Looks like a great group here! I just often don’t have time to post in groups. Most of my time is spent on making videos and responding to viewers questions. I make it a point to answer every question. I’ve been keeping reef tanks since 1995 haha. So thanks for the welcome! :)

Hey all. I started with a 14 gal IM Peninusla in Aug 2020 and am located in Morris County. Friends pointed out a big sale on the tank and handed over a ton of soft corals and along with a few purchases along the way the IM is chugging along (Duncan, various Zoas, Bi-color hammer, Acan, Mummy's Eye, Purple Death, Green Nepthea, Purple Finger Leather, Rock Anemone, some green mushrooms, a red mushroom...a coral banded shirmp...that's all I can remember at the moment. I'll post pics at some point. I've enjoyed upgrade-itis and got an AI-HD for the tank after starting with a lower end light...then somehow found another great deal for a 125 gal (the guy was moving, you know how it is!). I'm just getting the 125 going now and am trying to figure out if I'm going to do mixed reef/fish, anemone/fish or possibly fish only (I have 3 Maxspect Razor R420r). About to order some Kupang Yellowtail Damsels as my first fish...

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Hey all. I started with a 14 gal IM Peninusla in Aug 2020 and am located in Morris County. Friends pointed out a big sale on the tank and handed over a ton of soft corals and along with a few purchases along the way the IM is chugging along (Duncan, various Zoas, Bi-color hammer, Acan, Mummy's Eye, Purple Death, Green Nepthea, Purple Finger Leather, Rock Anemone, some green mushrooms, a red mushroom...a coral banded shirmp...that's all I can remember at the moment. I'll post pics at some point. I've enjoyed upgrade-itis and got an AI-HD for the tank after starting with a lower end light...then somehow found another great deal for a 125 gal (the guy was moving, you know how it is!). I'm just getting the 125 going now and am trying to figure out if I'm going to do mixed reef/fish, anemone/fish or possibly fish only (I have 3 Maxspect Razor R420r). About to order some Kupang Yellowtail Damsels as my first fish...
Welcome to the club.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome aboard @thedirtmerchant

Hello my name is Zoe I am 24 years old and was born and raised in NJ. I have always had interest in fish and had many fresh water tanks. It wasn’t until 10 months ago that I took an interest into saltwater tanks. I currently own a 8 Gallon mixed reef and loving every moment of it. Can’t wait to see what this site has in store for me, happy holidays guys!