• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Welcome aboard and Happy Holidays, @Yates273 is somewhat misleading- yes this hobby can be very expensive, but with the friends you make here it doesn't have to be- cheap stuff on the ' Deals and Steals" forum- freebies on the 'Keep the Chain going' forum- trades, links to discounts/ coupons, and a ton of free info/ sharing-sometimes if you just let everyone know what you're looking for, someone will offer it for free/ cheap Happy Reefing! I highly recommend becoming a paid member- well worth the money

Last edited:
Welcome aboard and Happy Holidays, @Yates273 is somewhat misleading- yes this hobby can be very expensive, but with the friends you make here it doesn't have to be- cheap stuff on the ' Deals and Steals" forum- freebies on the 'Keep the Chain going' forum- trades, links to discounts/ coupons, and a ton of free info/ sharing-sometimes if you just let everyone know what you're looking for, someone will offer it for free/ cheap Happy Reefing!
Your right kinda. Lol. It’s still addictive which can cost you. You will get most of your deals on the forums. Depending on where you are located I have a few coral frags I can give you if your Interested. I remember when I started and wasn’t aware of these forums and boy did I spend some $$ on very common corals.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Your right kinda. Lol. It’s still addictive which can cost you. You will get most of your deals on the forums. Depending on where you are located I have a few coral frags I can give you if your Interested. I remember when I started and wasn’t aware of these forums and boy did I spend some $$ on very common corals.
I got most of my info from FB groups when I got back in- so much misinformation- and judgements ( none here )- you are already being offered free stuff- What a great group! yeah @Yates273 !

Welcome aboard and Happy Holidays, @Yates273 is somewhat misleading- yes this hobby can be very expensive, but with the friends you make here it doesn't have to be- cheap stuff on the ' Deals and Steals" forum- freebies on the 'Keep the Chain going' forum- trades, links to discounts/ coupons, and a ton of free info/ sharing-sometimes if you just let everyone know what you're looking for, someone will offer it for free/ cheap Happy Reefing! I highly recommend becoming a paid member- well worth the money
Thank you so much for all the info ! It is greatly appreciated if I have any questions I will dm you!

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Just saw this pop up to the front page and seems I missed Tom.
Hi Tom.

Also see Zoe.
Hi Zoe.

Just wanted to introduce myself as the good looking, vastly intelligent, superior witted one who functions as the glue to hold this place together.
If the others post responses trying to diminish this, please realize they're simply in a rage of jealous denial.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Just saw this pop up to the front page and seems I missed Tom.
Hi Tom.

Also see Zoe.
Hi Zoe.

Just wanted to introduce myself as the good looking, vastly intelligent, superior witted one who functions as the glue to hold this place together.
If the others post responses trying to diminish this, please realize they're simply in a rage of jealous denial.

Hello! Moved to NJ this past Jul. I grew up in Princeton area before joining the Air Force, and now I'm stationed at McGuire Air Force Base. I'm desperately trying to find a LFS in my area (hopefully less than 1hr drive). I need a clean up crew since most of mine didn't make my move from Harrisburg, PA. I'd also love to meet with anyone who might be in the area! I've got a 28 Gal JBJ AIO minimally stocked at this point. I've moved this tank from Phoenix AZ, to Harrisburg PA, and now here. I've got some moving experience

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Hello! Moved to NJ this past Jul. I grew up in Princeton area before joining the Air Force, and now I'm stationed at McGuire Air Force Base. I'm desperately trying to find a LFS in my area (hopefully less than 1hr drive). I need a clean up crew since most of mine didn't make my move from Harrisburg, PA. I'd also love to meet with anyone who might be in the area! I've got a 28 Gal JBJ AIO minimally stocked at this point. I've moved this tank from Phoenix AZ, to Harrisburg PA, and now here. I've got some moving experience
Welcome aboard, I don't know about LFS for you- I know there are fellow reefers in your area - Howell and around Tom's River and south- I'm sure they'll chime in soon

Welcome Aboard. Closest LFS are The Hidden Reef in Bristol PA, and Aquarium Center in Clementon NJ. I live in the Mount Holly area but relatively new to reefing so not sure how much advice a can give. Most on here are very generous (advice, suggestions and freebies). Good luck

Last edited:
Let's use this thread to introduce ourselves to each other.

Welcome to NJRC!

I'll start it off:

My name is Brian and I was born and raised in the state of NJ. I have been into fish since I really can remember, I had an older brother who had fish..so I naturally got into it. I had freshwater fish since I was about 5 or 6 (mostly guppies and mollies) and then got into Red Belly Piranaha's for about 10 years.Which then got too big for the 30 gallon I was keeping them in, so I put them in a 150 gallon at the pet store I was working in at the time. When I was about 25 my bosses gave me a 44 gallon pentagon SW set up as a bonus (Woo Hoo!) and its been sucking my bank account dry ever since! I think I spent more money trying to get around spending more money..if that makes any sense.

Currently I have a 120 gallon mixed reef with softies LPS and one SPS. The fish I have in there are a Hippo Tang, Flame Angel, Blue/Green Chromis (x4), six line wrasse and a mandarin.I also have a 90 gallon FOWLR that has A Snowflake Moray,Emporer Angel, baby clown trigger and a Dog Face puffer. The 44 gallon is now a freshwater community tank with live plants and mostly live bearing fish (guppies and mollies again, go figure!)

I currently work in the printing industry. I have been printing since High School and have been with my current employer for 8 years. ??? I started here as just a one color pressperson and then moved to 4 color printing and now I am the Production Manager. (or so they tell me!)

Thats all I can think of for now.
Hi everyone, just moved to new Jersey and I'm upgrading from a 30 to a 40. I mostly keep zoa's and invertebrates since they have the most color