• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Innovative Marine 30 AIO Long

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Love zoas. Which do you have?
I have a bunch! I am a huge zoa fan. Looking to just have zoa gardens all over.

I have:

Vibraniums - blue with red ring on outside.
Orange Hornet
Sunny D
Tutti Frutti
Fuit Loops
Utter Chaos
Gobbstopper
Cherry corals pink constellation
Nirvana
POTO Fallen Angel
POTO Spongebob (Probably my favorite ATM)
POTO Gummie Bear

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Update :

Woke up this morning to see this...

It's a little graphic...

HOW DID HE DO THIS!! IM SO UPSET

img_20190730_061045-jpg.1146741

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I never asked this before but are you drip acclimating your fish? Or just floating and dumping?

Is that your goby? Either Something spooked him and made em jump or he was under alot of stress for some reason....could be tank related

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
No more gobies for me...
I never asked this before but are you drip acclimating your fish? Or just floating and dumping?

Is that your goby? Either Something spooked him and made em jump or he was under alot of stress for some reason....could be tank related

Well yes I drip acclimate them for at least an hour.

I don't even know how he jumped through the mesh??? He had to like force himself through. This is the second time he's jumped out. When I bought him he was in the wrong tank in the store - I should have known he'd continue to jump.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Howdy,

I don't have any full tank pictures at this time but felt it's been a second since I've done an update. I find myself at work right now without a computer because my boss took mine as his wasn't working so what better time haha.

My tank is doing OUTSTANDING I've managed to control my nitrates but switching to biweekly water changes. This keeps my nitrates about 2/3.

I have an auto feeder which feeds in the morning and I feed mysis at night.

My clown fish are all super healthy now after feeding medicated mysis.

I've been quarantining two new fish for this tank. A orchid Dottyback and a lawnmower blenny. They're at about 3 weeks now and will be out of copper Friday and into just second dosage of general cure for external worms. This has been my focus lately hence why no major updates. This has been a huge learning curve for me. I've lost several fish in QT as I've had a lot to learn. After these fish are entered into my DT I'll be fragging my current corals.

IMG_20190820_150006.jpg

Half pint sleeps in the wildest positions lol
IMG_20190905_061239.jpg

I guess the most major change ive gone through is an automatic salt water making center. I got a 55 gallon drum for 15 dollars and couldn't resist. It housed vegetable oil before so I soaked in vinegar for a while and rinsed hundred of times. It has a smell still but holds 0 TDS water !
IMG_20190824_203731.jpg

I added a jebao dcp 4000 which allows me to use a 30 foot vinyl to never have to carry buckets to my tanks again!!

I think that's all for now !

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Howdy,

I don't have any full tank pictures at this time but felt it's been a second since I've done an update. I find myself at work right now without a computer because my boss took mine as his wasn't working so what better time haha.

My tank is doing OUTSTANDING I've managed to control my nitrates but switching to biweekly water changes. This keeps my nitrates about 2/3.

I have an auto feeder which feeds in the morning and I feed mysis at night.

My clown fish are all super healthy now after feeding medicated mysis.

I've been quarantining two new fish for this tank. A orchid Dottyback and a lawnmower blenny. They're at about 3 weeks now and will be out of copper Friday and into just second dosage of general cure for external worms. This has been my focus lately hence why no major updates. This has been a huge learning curve for me. I've lost several fish in QT as I've had a lot to learn. After these fish are entered into my DT I'll be fragging my current corals.

View attachment 25145

Half pint sleeps in the wildest positions lol
View attachment 25146

I guess the most major change ive gone through is an automatic salt water making center. I got a 55 gallon drum for 15 dollars and couldn't resist. It housed vegetable oil before so I soaked in vinegar for a while and rinsed hundred of times. It has a smell still but holds 0 TDS water !
View attachment 25147

I added a jebao dcp 4000 which allows me to use a 30 foot vinyl to never have to carry buckets to my tanks again!!

I think that's all for now !
hey man, ive been curious how your tank is coming along since we both started semi same time im curious to see some full pictures of what you have cooking

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Still forever trying to take better pictures lol... I will one day buy a camera filter...

I will be fragging all my zoa's for my frag tank soon!! Than anyone who is interested can offer a trade or pick some up!

IMG_20190927_200824.jpg
IMG_20190927_200836.jpg
IMG_20190927_202715.jpg
IMG_20190927_202731.jpg

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Oh boy do I have a treat for you all today... I finally figured out how to use my pixel 3 to take good reef photos!! I also fragged my first two zoa's today.. Cross your fingers they're okay.

IMG_20191007_192213.jpgIMG_20191007_192251.jpg
IMG_20191007_192257.jpg
IMG_20191007_192303.jpg

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
I am struggling with low nitrates again....

My zoa's are not fully extended :(

I have six fish, run my skimmer part time and do water changes every other week and my nitrates are still ~0.

What more can I do? I feed pellets in the morning & mysis at the evening? Feed more?