• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Innovative Marine 30 AIO Long

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
The down fall is you don’t know what that 20 is composed of. For example if you have copper pipes. It could be copper. And that’s sure death for many marine animals

It's for sure coming from a copper pipe. My brother always used our pure tap water for top offs so I'm wondering what's going on. I'm pissed that I burned a DI resin in less than 24 hours ... Maybe Amazon ships the RO buddie with **** resin? Can someone supply a link to good resin?

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Why tds from tap is sky high. But zero thru the last two stages.
As I said my tap reads 447 but last night I was reading 0 out of the DI chamber.. so it was working however, something is causing it to drain WAY to fast.. how often do you replace your resin?

I know nothing about the RO buddy. But I know several members use them. So give some time. I’m sure someone who is familiar with it will post

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
A couple of questions

Did the unit come pre-assembled? Hoses n all?

In the instructions booklet, did it mention what's the minimum psi amount that the system needs to function?

Is it a color changing resin?

It's for sure coming from a copper pipe. My brother always used our pure tap water for top offs so I'm wondering what's going on. I'm pissed that I burned a DI resin in less than 24 hours ... Maybe Amazon ships the RO buddie with **** resin? Can someone supply a link to good resin?

I have not used one up yet and I don’t use your model. But based on present rate I would guess I can make around 1500 gallons but is just a guess as I have not had to change it yet

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
My TDS going into the unit is roughly about 250+ as I've measured it before.

A couple of questions

In the instructions booklet, did it mention what's the minimum psi amount that the system needs to function?

Did you see Trio’s questions. They will help a lot with diagnosis

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
A couple of questions

It's color changing resin. It recommends 65 for optimal pressure. The carbon / sediment / membrane we're installed but since I isntalled DI solenoid and float valve I had to adjust several connections

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
It's color changing resin. It recommends 65 for optimal pressure. The carbon / sediment / membrane we're installed but since I isntalled DI solenoid and float valve I had to adjust several connections
Ok, the PSI should be ok going into the RO as I'm sure you have that much going into from the house.

DI, is it completely brown now?

Did you reconfigure any of the hose lines? <- what I'm getting at is to see if you by-passed a filter and forced the water to go straight into your DI. Which could be a reason why it exhausted so fast.

If that's not the case, it could be just that, your high TDS killed the DI. If this is the case, A solution would be to add a flush and a DI by-pass to your unit. A flush for the membrane and a by-pass to divert water from the DI when flushing....<-make sense?

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Ok, the PSI should be ok going into the RO as I'm sure you have that much going into from the house.

DI, is it completely brown now?

Did you reconfigure any of the hose lines? <- what I'm getting at is to see if you by-passed a filter and forced the water to go straight into your DI. Which could be a reason why it exhausted so fast.

If that's not the case, it could be just that, your high TDS killed the DI. If this is the case, A solution would be to add a flush and a DI by-pass to your unit. A flush for the membrane and a by-pass to divert water from the DI when flushing....<-make sense?

I think I will purchase a pressure tester off amazon for 10 bucks.. can't help.

DI is golden brown and my dual TDS meter is showing output at 22 TDS... I will be using this water either to start my tank today.

I did reconfigure hoses to install all of the fail safes etc etc. I made sure to follow the path of water to make sure that everything was right. I will double check however, maybe... in water from tap ran through it at one point but only for a short time. It didn't deplete it than so obviously it was flushed through minutes after it was properly hooked up.

My current thought is that the RO membrane is not installed all the way and some tap water is passing straight through and directly into the DI resin... this is the only thought process I have. Otherwise I will not be using DI filter on my system as it will be too expensive.

Furthermore Trio have you taken a look at the ASOV as that does NOT work lol. When we block the hose IE kink it the ASOV starts vibrating tremendously and waste water keeps flowing. This makes me think that the water pressure isn't high enough however, no way to know until I get a gauge.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
That is true, a gauge will definitely help.

There is an arrow on the asov that signals flow direction, is it in the right position?

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Anytime pal. I got them at amazon, and were delivered in one day from their NJ warehouse. Good luck!

Thank you !

Little update - got amazon to partially refund for the DI resin and they're sending a new ASOV in case the one I had was broken.

Question -

Is it bad to start cycling a tank without rock? I ask in case I can't make it to the LFS for some

Thank you !

Little update - got amazon to partially refund for the DI resin and they're sending a new ASOV in case the one I had was broken.

Question -

Is it bad to start cycling a tank without rock? I ask in case I can't make it to the LFS for some

It is not “BAD”. But you do want to get it in there