• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Innovative Marine 30 AIO Long

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
It's happening guys !!

Sand in tank
b0K9fMs.jpg

Making salt water
Um1hcnj.jpg

Rock in
IGazEOm.jpg

This much marine pure in ? Good ? More ? Or less?
MbTuBhj.jpg

Live rock came with a friend ...
VFsZUuN.jpg

Waiting for it to clear up now

Hallow... real nice pics. I like your aquascape a lot. Any Marine pure is good you don’t need a ton but I don’t think you can have to much. Is your hitch hiker friend an emerald crab?

deepblue68

POTM Winner
I think I will purchase a pressure tester off amazon for 10 bucks.. can't help.

DI is golden brown and my dual TDS meter is showing output at 22 TDS... I will be using this water either to start my tank today.

I did reconfigure hoses to install all of the fail safes etc etc. I made sure to follow the path of water to make sure that everything was right. I will double check however, maybe... in water from tap ran through it at one point but only for a short time. It didn't deplete it than so obviously it was flushed through minutes after it was properly hooked up.

My current thought is that the RO membrane is not installed all the way and some tap water is passing straight through and directly into the DI resin... this is the only thought process I have. Otherwise I will not be using DI filter on my system as it will be too expensive.

Furthermore Trio have you taken a look at the ASOV as that does NOT work lol. When we block the hose IE kink it the ASOV starts vibrating tremendously and waste water keeps flowing. This makes me think that the water pressure isn't high enough however, no way to know until I get a gauge.
so what was the issue with your rodin? bad asov,line not hooked up correctly or low pressure? I see your in business making water!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
so what was the issue with your rodin? bad asov,line not hooked up correctly or low pressure? I see your in business making water!

So the ASOV doesn't shut off when you kink / close the output line. It vibrates a tremendous about and reduces waste water but that's it. I burned through a full canister of resin with 20 gallons which I believe i know the root now.. Someone confirm or deny. I didn't flush the membrane before producing water. I flushed the entire system for 30 minutes. So all that extra particulate in the membrane ate my DI resin. I ordered 5 pounds of resin and I will be trying again however.... if this doesn't work I am not sure what to do.

if I am not wrong that's a bad crab, can you take a picture of it without the blue, is the crab green with black tips?

deepblue68

POTM Winner
I was thinking maybe you had a line hook up wrong and back flushing the system for high tds/resin problem. I thought maybe you had flow on asov wrong but you said that is all good.i liked your thoughts that maybe membrane wasn't seated all the way in

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Most crabs are bad actors, or end up being so when they get larger. You may be fine, time will tell. :) A perfect example would be emerald crabs. They're perfect reef inhabitants for many people. When you see a thread asking if they're reef friendly on R2R, you'll have a ton of "yes they're model reef citizens" responses and some talking about how they terrorized their reef. If they're well fed, you may never have an issue.

If you want crabs in there and have confidence that you won't have an issue, you can try porcelain or anemone crabs which are filter feeders.

Good luck either way!

Dave

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
I was thinking maybe you had a line hook up wrong and back flushing the system for high tds/resin problem. I thought maybe you had flow on asov wrong but you said that is all good.i liked your thoughts that maybe membrane wasn't seated all the way in

Membrane was seated in :( checked last night.. hoping that it was because I didn't flush properly