• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Innovative Marine 30 AIO Long

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
What's the best way? I read hydrogen peroxide injection ?
You could, some use lemon juice too. I use kalkwasser. I make a paste and blast em with it in his mouth.

You can go store brand stuff like aptasia-x

Last edited:

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Here is the pic requested
LPbe9lO.jpg

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Just use aptasia x, works great. If you have one that size, there are smaller ones that you haven’t seen yet. Peppermint shrimp can help with the smaller and hard to get to ones.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Dt is 160, the frag is 50 and 10. I’m adding a couple more frag tanks and I’ll move a couple of them over there...

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
So a couple updates for today...

I changed out the standard home depot bucket for a food safe one for my ATO.. figured it would be best.
kb2DQpX.jpg

I finally figured out the RO float valve and cleaned up the entire system. Still have TDS issues
e8J378k.jpg

Ammonia levels.. Seems as if it's growing.
5olJnJD.jpg

Nitrite levels... My cycle doesn't seem to have started.. How can I start it?
jQGBCHm.jpg

Nitrate levels.. also doesn't seem to have cycled at all.
5Z8Uj18.jpg

So the aptasia are everywhere on one rock.. I killed the bigger colonies but I see that there are LOADS of tiny ones.. Would it be bad to get a shrimp in there now to begin killing them off? Or is it to early with my cycle not even seeming to be started? Should I just kill my live rock before anything else gets added?

I need some advise on my RO membrane - coming in from tap is 380/420 and coming out of my membrane is 90/100.. so that is why my DI resin is getting eaten. Doing the math my efficiency is like 80% rejection... Can someone link me to a better membrane? I think that would help.

How long has your tank been cycling

I use BRS. Rodi and it’s been perfect But I am sure others here are much more equipped to help with your issue.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Me...personally I would acid and then a bleach on the rocks. It can also now be in your sand and pipes.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
How long has your tank been cycling

I use BRS. Rodi and it’s been perfect But I am sure others here are much more equipped to help with your issue.

It was filled on Thursday with sand / live rock full of aptasia .

I ordered this membrane..
Click me
BW60-1812-75

If I find that it's still high after this 99% rejection rate I'll just put two membranes in series.

Last edited:
It can take as many as 6 to 8 weeks to fully cycle a dead tank. However you had live rock. I would expect it to be much quicker. But even with like rock three four days is expecting to much. But with the aptasia issue. You may have to start over :(

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
It can take as many as 6 to 8 weeks to fully cycle a dead tank. However you had live rock. I would expect it to be much quicker. But even with like rock three four days is expecting to much. But with the aptasia issue. You may have to start over :(

I have no problem with waiting for it to cycle! I just want to be rid of this stupid aptasia and I was wondering is it bad and torturous to add a shrimp to deficate these damn little antipastas as I call them

I’m not positive but I would think if the rock was live it’s possable. But again I’d wait till others chime in who have had to deal with them. I honestly don’t know if they actually get rid of them or if they just keep them under control.

deepblue68

POTM Winner
if it's on one rock take the rock out and put it in rodin water with white vinegar for a week or boil it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk