• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Innovative Marine 30 AIO Long

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Most crabs are bad actors, or end up being so when they get larger. You may be fine, time will tell. :) A perfect example would be emerald crabs. They're perfect reef inhabitants for many people. When you see a thread asking if they're reef friendly on R2R, you'll have a ton of "yes they're model reef citizens" responses and some talking about how they terrorized their reef. If they're well fed, you may never have an issue.

If you want crabs in there and have confidence that you won't have an issue, you can try porcelain or anemone crabs which are filter feeders.

Good luck either way!

Dave

Understood I will keep an eye

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
if TDS is reading good sounds like you got it!
great

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I wasn't saying I fixed it :( I was saying thoughts on what it may be. Realistically with TDS of 450 in how long should DI resin last? How many gallons should I be able to make?

deepblue68

POTM Winner
that's a high tds.my water is around 260 and my resins will last about 150 gallons before needing to change it .iam running one chamber.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
that's a high tds.my water is around 260 and my resins will last about 150 gallons before needing to change it .iam running one chamber.

I have a sediment filter / carbon filter / membrane & a DI resin canister. It seems that after my memrbane I am experiencing ~ 60/100 TDS so I think my membrane either isn't working well or isn't efficient enough.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I have a sediment filter / carbon filter / membrane & a DI resin canister. It seems that after my memrbane I am experiencing ~ 60/100 TDS so I think my membrane either isn't working well or isn't efficient enough.
What's the micron count on the sediment and carbon blocks? .5? Or .1?

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
What's the micron count on the sediment and carbon blocks? .5? Or .1?

Here is the specs on Amazon.. I'm assuming it's .5?

AvkwK3v.png

I am thinking would it even be better if I got a good BRS system?

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
The smaller the micron count on your filters, the "finer" is will be....the more impurities it should collect. The same goes for filter sox if you ever use them down the line.

Your carbon block is 5 and your sediment filter is 1....as per the description so it's ok on that end IMO. Just wanted to rule that out.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
The smaller the micron count on your filters, the "finer" is will be....the more impurities it should collect. The same goes for filter sox if you ever use them down the line.

Your carbon block is 5 and your sediment filter is 1....as per the description so it's ok on that end IMO. Just wanted to rule that out.

I have resin coming in tomorrow.. Tonight I am going to really re-do the entire system and hopefully find something wrong. Honestly though, a canister of DI resin shouldn't only last for ~20 gallons correct? It wouldn't make ANY sense to produce my own water.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I have resin coming in tomorrow.. Tonight I am going to really re-do the entire system and hopefully find something wrong. Honestly though, a canister of DI resin shouldn't only last for ~20 gallons correct? It wouldn't make ANY sense to produce my own water.
It shouldn't, it should last a lot longer than that.

Mine for ex. is a 7 stage unit and that lasts me a few months. I roughly make about 10g per week.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
It shouldn't, it should last a lot longer than that.

Mine for ex. is a 7 stage unit and that lasts me a few months. I roughly make about 10g per week.

That is all I want to make... link to your unit!! I may have to spring for a better one :(

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Mines is an Amazon unit by a company called liquidgen. But all my cartridges are from BRS.

Dont give up yet on your unit until we figure out what the issue is.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
So !! Updates ! I didn't tinker with RO system as I had to help my brother trench a new drain for his gutters and lawn. BUT I did make some progress elsewhere !

Shiplap used !
VBogcha.jpg

Sides enclosed ! Yes to everyone I added nailers and some additional bracing as everyone suggested ! Not because I thought I needed it but because I had leftovers.
1zamrtg.jpg

and the door ! I said I wasn't going to use a door.. however,. I realized everytime I have to fill my ATO I'm not gonna wanna remove a whole panel. This way is much easier . The timer is a redundancy which only allows ATO to power on at 6:00 am for 1 minute and 6pm for 1 minute. This should take care of topping off. I'll fine tune as needed
jrC4fna.jpg

Finally installed my ATO bucket. Installed auto siphon wrong first and was emptying my tank ... Lol I'm tired.
bUWzLks.jpg

No more updates till Sunday ! Enjoy all

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
So !! Updates ! I didn't tinker with RO system as I had to help my brother trench a new drain for his gutters and lawn. BUT I did make some progress elsewhere !

Shiplap used !
VBogcha.jpg

Sides enclosed ! Yes to everyone I added nailers and some additional bracing as everyone suggested ! Not because I thought I needed it but because I had leftovers.
1zamrtg.jpg

and the door ! I said I wasn't going to use a door.. however,. I realized everytime I have to fill my ATO I'm not gonna wanna remove a whole panel. This way is much easier . The timer is a redundancy which only allows ATO to power on at 6:00 am for 1 minute and 6pm for 1 minute. This should take care of topping off. I'll fine tune as needed
jrC4fna.jpg

Finally installed my ATO bucket. Installed auto siphon wrong first and was emptying my tank ... Lol I'm tired.
bUWzLks.jpg

No more updates till Sunday ! Enjoy all
Looks great bud