• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank birthday and I'm a Geezer

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member

Paul B

NJRC Member
I finished this hidden cabinet in our Master Bath yesterday.

The think looks like this when it is retracted.
Bath cabinet.JPG

Then you flip the switch and it automatically, using a linear actuator comes out about 33".

You can stop it at any point and it also retracts electrically.

Bath cabinet out.JPG

That black "box" under it is a black granite I also built. It has an outlet in the back and holds the electric tooth brushes.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I think I got him for closer to $15.00 or $20.00 but another place here sells them for $69.00. I don't know why the prices vary so much.

I just came back from bringing my wife to her PT place so of course I had to go to my favorite LFS. I got three fish.

I got another one of these little bleenies. (or gobies)

Another Hectors Gobi. Now I think I have 6 of them

and a small watchman gobi.

7 hermit crabs and a cowry snail. All for $40.00. :D
I'm jealous

Paul B

NJRC Member
Now that my tank "seems" to be free of encrusting sponge my corals look hugely better. The toxins from the sponge was severely limiting the growth of those. Now they all have full extension even though they are all surrounded by hair algae.

Hopefully the algae is smothering any remaining sponge and I know it is purifying the water of any remaining sponge toxins and eliminating the organics that I have left from cleaning my rocks in the dark and cold.

I am finding corals that I thought were gone so I bought a bubble coral today to see how it does. If in a couple of weeks it still does well, I will fill my tank with some of the corals that were smothered by sponge. Of course I have to many fish :)

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Now that my tank "seems" to be free of encrusting sponge my corals look hugely better. The toxins from the sponge was severely limiting the growth of those. Now they all have full extension even though they are all surrounded by hair algae.

Hopefully the algae is smothering any remaining sponge and I know it is purifying the water of any remaining sponge toxins and eliminating the organics that I have left from cleaning my rocks in the dark and cold.

I am finding corals that I thought were gone so I bought a bubble coral today to see how it does. If in a couple of weeks it still does well, I will fill my tank with some of the corals that were smothered by sponge. Of course I have to many fish :)
Glad to hear. I have to many fish as well and always look for more....lol

Paul B

NJRC Member
I found this in my old Log book and it wasn't easy. I started the log in 1971 and it goes to about 1992. I have a bunch of extensive notes and many things I am embarrassed to say I did because at that time, there were no Salt water fish medications so I used people meds usually not with good results. Look at some of the medications I used in 1975. :oops: I was like Humblefish then. Now I know better and don't use any medications. :D

Log Book.jpg

I know,,,,Scary.

But this is how I say I cured HLLE on a French Angelfish

HLLE.jpg

I wrote this in the 70s and barely remember it but HLLE on a French Angel would look really bad. (We didn't call it HLLE then. It was "Fading Color Disease")

I used Cod Liver Oil capsules. I would stick a pill with a pin and disperse a couple of drops of the oil on the surface after I shut off the pumps. It would make a slick on the entire tank and will be absorbed in flake food. Flakes are something I would never feed except for this treatment.

You can take this "cure" as you like. :D