• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The New Tank Has Started!

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Deb Can't wait to hear about all the stuff you can do with those!

I had to resize the pic.. I wanted to see it all at once:

(Hope You Don't Mind!)

HPIM0059.jpg

ReefDrumz said:
Deb Can't wait to hear about all the stuff you can do with those!

I had to resize the pic.. I wanted to see it all at once:

(Hope You Don't Mind!)

HPIM0059.jpg

You do that better than me! Everytime I resize I loose resolution and it looks bad.

pistolpete said:
Sam
what kind of lights are you running? its looking really nice. what fish do you have in there?

1/2 Solaris the other 1/2 crap. I have mostly Tangs in there right now with 1 angel (reef safe) and one wrasse.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
200 more pounds of rock there, Sam and you'll have made quite a dent in that tank! :)

Looks good so far. Can't wait to see it grow!

malulu

NJRC Member
Sam,

looking good!!

note:
just beware - you have sand then rock... you need to make sure your rock is closing to the bottom as much as possible.

over time, when snails, hermit craps, or star fish...etc. craw under the sand, they will make your rock deform/moved, and possible crash!

UPDATE.........

Some more stuff for everyone to look at. I will be adding more rock in the coming weeks. Just got it today and have to let it cure.

HPIM0066.jpg

I just realized that I have not posted any new pics! Here is a new one for everyone to view!

HPIM0067.gif

And one taken a couple minutes ago:

HPIM0077.gif

really nice pictures Sam but they dont do the tank justice. It looks awesome live ! I love those led lights , they make a big difference.

pc

Even the fish like them. They seem to all stay on that side of the tank. Weirdness... Very nice looking! Looks great!

mynd said:
Even the fish like them. They seem to all stay on that side of the tank. Weirdness... Very nice looking! Looks great!

Thanks and you are correct! The fish ALWAYS stay on that side of the tank unless they have a reason to go to the other side such as feeding. I can't figure it out but they love it.

malulu

NJRC Member
Sam,

how about adjust the LED light to the same setting as the order one - like ??-K, ??-Watt, and also swap the lights, and see what happen to them?
if the fishes like that light - it would be a very good reason to get one...
;)

NapoliNewJersey said:
Looking good Sam.

How are those new wrasse? If those hooded wrasse bread can I be first in line to buy?lol.

They are already paired but if I was lucky enough to see them breed I would treat those eggs like gold! I am not sure with all the fish in there that I could get to the eggs fast enough!