• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

Hello! Moved to NJ this past Jul. I grew up in Princeton area before joining the Air Force, and now I'm stationed at McGuire Air Force Base. I'm desperately trying to find a LFS in my area (hopefully less than 1hr drive). I need a clean up crew since most of mine didn't make my move from Harrisburg, PA. I'd also love to meet with anyone who might be in the area! I've got a 28 Gal JBJ AIO minimally stocked at this point. I've moved this tank from Phoenix AZ, to Harrisburg PA, and now here. I've got some moving experience

Welcome, and thanks for your service. I live in freehold, not terribly far.
Major League Exotic Pets is in Jackson, I’ve done well there in the past-not the biggest selection but everything I’ve gotten from them has been heathy. I’ve generally found good options for cleanup crew there.
If you’re willing to drive farther (45 minutes), aquarium care center in ocean is larger, and many of us go to the petco in brick. Although most petco’s have a deservedly bad rap, this one is exceptional.
There’s also several coral vendors in Jackson including ultimate corals, who post on here often.

Good luck! Hope to see you post some pictures when your tank is back up and running.

Last edited:
Welcome, and thanks for your service. I live in freehold, not terribly far.
Major League Exotic Pets is in Jackson, I’ve done well there in the past-not the biggest selection but everything I’ve gotten from them has been heathy. I’ve generally found good options for cleanup crew there.
If you’re willing to drive farther (45 minutes), aquarium care center in ocean is larger, and many of us go to the petco in brick. Although most petco’s have a deservedly bad rap, this one is exceptional.
There’s also several coral vendors in Jackson including ultimate corals, who post on here often.

Good luck! Hope to see you post some pictures when your tank is back up and running.
Thanks for the response! Jackson is pretty close and sounds like my best option! I know Freehold well having driven through many times on the way to the shore. Thanks again for the pointers, and maybe I'll see you around!

Hello Everyone,

Good morning. I just joined this fantastic club. I am just starting a reef tank. I bought a xenia a couple of weeks ago. Within 2 days, it shriveled up and died. I won't give up. In the process of checking my water. I am ok on calcium, magnesium, salinity, nitrates and pH. I am just a little high on KH. I will learn a lot by listening to all the experts here. Thank you all for sharing the great discussions here.

Best Regards,
Simon

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Welcome to the club, Simon-too bad about the xenia. Not sure where you live, but members are constantly giving frags away- good luck

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
@Simon Welcome to NJRC! Glad to have you here. Hope to meet you at one of our parties once they start up again. What county are you from?

Thanks you Diana. I currently live in Middlesex county and work in Morris county. I am looking forward to meeting everyone at one of the parties. It will be exciting!

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Thanks you Diana. I currently live in Middlesex county and work in Morris county. I am looking forward to meeting everyone at one of the parties. It will be exciting!
There are a couple of us that live in Morris county, some in Somerset and @amado lives in that twilight zone in between the north and south lol- looking forward to meeting in person sometime

@Simon Welcome. Great bunch of peeps on here. I don’t have Xenia but do have Green Star Polyps that you are welcome to pick up. I live in Morris county 07981
@Rockfish - Thank you so much for the offer. Morristown is close to my workplace in East Hanover. Green star polyps are one of my favorites. At this point, I don't feel confident that my tank is set up properly yet. Don't want to waste your green star polyp. Perhaps in a couple of months, I might be ready.

@Goodair - I live in East Brunswick .... very close to Edison and South River. Great to know so many members near me!

Hello everyone I just started back into reef tanks. I just bought my buddy's 40 gallon and I'm setting up to do a multitank with a basement sump type of setup. I'm in Atlantic Highlands, Monmouth. I look forward to meeting up one day.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Hello everyone I just started back into reef tanks. I just bought my buddy's 40 gallon and I'm setting up to do a multitank with a basement sump type of setup. I'm in Atlantic Highlands, Monmouth. I look forward to meeting up one day.
Welcome to the club

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
welcome to all the new members!!!!! I'm in edison if anyone ever needs advice/help.

Good Morning everyone. My name is Peter and I live in White Plains, NY - about 20 minutes away from NJ. I have an 88g RSR 425 XL setup for a year and half now filed with corals and fish. I find these forums increasingly helpful in establishing and maintaining reefs.

I started my aquarium just as COVID began and have been active on other reefer sites. I joined NJRC in the hopes of someday actually meeting many of my fellow local reefers. I have found that Reefers are a unique group - smart, creative, funny, and extremely helpful.

Looking forward to meeting and getting to know my local reefers!

BE47D989-C71A-4731-857B-3DA4F0064854.jpeg

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Good Morning everyone. My name is Peter and I live in White Plains, NY - about 20 minutes away from NJ. I have an 88g RSR 425 XL setup for a year and half now filed with corals and fish. I find these forums increasingly helpful in establishing and maintaining reefs.

I started my aquarium just as COVID began and have been active on other reefer sites. I joined NJRC in the hopes of someday actually meeting many of my fellow local reefers. I have found that Reefers are a unique group - smart, creative, funny, and extremely helpful.

Looking forward to meeting and getting to know my local reefers!

View attachment 42565
Welcome aboard Peter- beautiful tank!