• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The 210 tank build

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
DSC_3913_zps0e61de16.jpg

DSC_3896_zps8f8e5e80.jpg

DSC_3884_zpsfbc28631.jpg

DSC_3879_zpsf663fc4f.jpg

DSC_3875_zps4af421cf.jpg

DSC_3866_zpsac1ff8b9.jpg

DSC_3857_zps1aa5d710.jpg

DSC_3825_zpsa71988ff.jpg

DSC_3824_zpsb9205832.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Very nice Mike and Nikki! Thanks for updating.

Yeah it was about time. I think everyone is in summer mode when our tanks take a back seat to out door activities and we have been the same. I got some rare motivation and snapped off almost 300 pictures and those were my favorites so there they are.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Mike the fish look amazing! what kind of camera are you using?

Nikon D3100 with stock lens. I set it to "motion" mode in the multiple pic mode (hold down the shutter, it snaps off a bunch of quick photos) and just snap away. Again, I took 300 pics to get 14 "good" ones. I have been thinking of getting a macro lens, but I always pic something else instead. One of these days.

Nikon D3100 with stock lens. I set it to "motion" mode in the multiple pic mode (hold down the shutter, it snaps off a bunch of quick photos) and just snap away. Again, I took 300 pics to get 14 "good" ones. I have been thinking of getting a macro lens, but I always pic something else instead. One of these days.

If you gettting those great pics with a standard lens I can only imagine what they will look like with a macro!

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Had some fun at Elos today. Got this amazing urchin (Nikki's choice) and a scopas black tang hybrid (my choice).
DSC_4096_zps25ede477.jpg

DSC_4109_zpsdcaa0bbf.jpg

falconut

NJRC Member
Definitely wow for the urchin, never seen one with anything close to that color. Closest was a Halloween, brown & orange.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
You could see the urchin from like across the store. He look to us like a radiant sea urchin. According to Ralph at Elos he has only had one instance where they munched on some zoas in a customers tank (out of like 30 sold). He has settled in and is going to town on our algae. We are also going to spot feed him a bit to make sure he is well fed.

That urchin is awesome. Definitely gonna have make a trip to Elos when my tank is ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk