• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Welcome To NJRC! Take a minute to introduce yourself

I am Sam. I’m a 14 year old reefer. I want to be a marine biologist when I grow up.

Current tanks:

200 gallon sps dominant reef

30 gallon seahorse, soft corals reef

50 gallon IM Lagoon with mangroves and sps

Rubbermaid stock tank reef tank

I need some advice for a science fair project for honors biology. I would like to do something regarding the hobby, I was thinking either like testing and observing growth and development of shark embryo, and hatching and raising a pup, or like something about seeing if the age of a non reef safe fish, and having them grow up in a reef tank will influence their behavior. Let me know if you have any ideas!

Instagram: futureaquarist

I’m currently looking for a show size toadstool and some softie colonies. As well as some pulsing sinularia. Anyone have this or know somewhere that might? Any good online soft coral vendors or LFS? I’m in south jersey.
Welcome aboard. How big of a toadstool are you looking for? I have two fairly large maybe 5 or 6 inches across. I also have a ton of soft coral just pm me and let me know what you are looking for.

Hi everyone my name is Sid...I was a member of NJRC a number of years back...I got out of the hobby for a few reasons but now thinking of getting back but on a smaller scale...I see a few members still on here and I'm sure they will remember me...I did hold a meeting at my house and had been a part of the board of directors year back...So if you remember me don't be shy and post a hello

curt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
All's good here.Can't wait to see what small scale is.lol lmk if you need any help.Might have stuff laying around.

All's good here.Can't wait to see what small scale is.lol lmk if you need any help.Might have stuff laying around.
Trust me I still have plenty of equipment for a large scale setup...I want to sell some of it....some of it has never been used like my apex controller...some stuff I've sold on FB like my 92 gal bow Oceanic corner tank and a 150gl reef ready tank....is the site/club the same where you pay to be a member to trade?

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Hi everyone my name is Sid...I was a member of NJRC a number of years back...I got out of the hobby for a few reasons but now thinking of getting back but on a smaller scale...I see a few members still on here and I'm sure they will remember me...I did hold a meeting at my house and had been a part of the board of directors year back...So if you remember me don't be shy and post a hello
Welcome back Sid

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Trust me I still have plenty of equipment for a large scale setup...I want to sell some of it....some of it has never been used like my apex controller...some stuff I've sold on FB like my 92 gal bow Oceanic corner tank and a 150gl reef ready tank....is the site/club the same where you pay to be a member to trade?
Sid, welcome back and yes need to be a paid member to sell. $20 per year.

Welcome back Sid. Hard to stay away. I got rid of my 240 and 150 and downsized to a 109 gallon tank. It is more manageable, but I do miss the bigger 240. ;)
Hi mom thank you for a warm welcome...yeah It is hard to stay away...right now I'm selling all of my sumps and refugiums on FB and putting all the money into a smaller system

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Hi Diana...There was another with the same name...My old name was The_codfather but I lost all of my accounts including my old email address so it was easier just to make a new one...but the old crew knew me as Sid or That Crazy English Guy ....BTW is Taz still around?
Yes I remember you as the crazy English guy. Taz hasn't been here in ages unfortunately.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I found my old PW